New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - 15" g4 aluminum doesn't turn off after battery runs out

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nikehz

nikehz is on a distinguished road

so i've noticed a few times when my battery runs out that it doesn't turn on anymore. the light on the latch button fades in and out, indicating that it's on standby or something. so i plug the power source to the powerbook but it still won't turn on. the battery is charging at this time though. the powerbook only turns on after the battery gets charged one entire bar.

is this normal? or what's wrong?
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Doesn't seem right to me. It should always come on when plugged in despite the battery power level. Maybe it's different with Powerbooks, I have an MBP, but every laptop I've ever owned worked like that.
QUOTE Thanks
Tacita

Tacita is on a distinguished road

If anybody has an answer to this, I'd like to know. I have the same problem. The first time it happened it only came back on after being charged for the whole night. I'm still waiting for it to come back on this time.
QUOTE Thanks
RobbertV

RobbertV is on a distinguished road

I do know that with my mom's old nokia-phone, it wil only turn on after it's been on the charger for a while when it has been totally empty.
Maybe that's the case?
Can you try the following: Start it up when there's no battery inside. A normal laptop should be able to start up on powerplug-power only.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HD Replacement | Is $1750 a good price for a new Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.4? »