New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Stoping the Mac from sleeping when it is closed up???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zacariem

Zacariem is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook with 4GB RAM and 80GB memory + 500GB external hard drive. iPod Classic Silver

Hi all

I've got allot of music on my mac, and have been using it as a sort of music player in my room. However, I'd quite like to be able to close the MacBook up and still listen to music. This would be usefull since there isn't alot of space in my room!

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum, I wasn't sure were it should go!

Thanks alot

Zacariem

No excuse is sometimes a good enough one.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

You need insomniaX

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30315

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

you could also try sleepless.. you can find it on www.macupdate.com I think its $10.. insomniaX is free so it maybe the best bet if you don't want to spend any cash.

PLEASE read the warnings on these programs.. It could just be a fluke but I used insomniaX on my PB for two weeks and it fried the HDD.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

I Remember on my powerbook, if you have a usb mouse and external monitor plugged in, you can click the mouse after you close the lid. It wakes up for you.

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
Zacariem

Mac Specs: White MacBook with 4GB RAM and 80GB memory + 500GB external hard drive. iPod Classic Silver

I tried insomniaX. It looks realy good, I'm a bit worried about my Mac overheating though!

I ran insomniaX, but couldn't get the screen backlight to turn back on. I tried the 'Hold Menu & Play' thing on the remote but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks again!

Zacariem

QUOTE Thanks
symondavis

symondavis has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.

Or you could remove the magnet thats on the left side of the screen about half way down. I took mine out when I colour modded my apple.

Oh and it will VOID warranty. so keep it safe and well. And replace when you take your MB back to Apple(hopefully you shouldnt need to).

On a crusade to get all household electricals in Apple white!
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by symondavis View Post
Or you could remove the magnet thats on the left side of the screen about half way down. I took mine out when I colour modded my apple.

Oh and it will VOID warranty. so keep it safe and well. And replace when you take your MB back to Apple(hopefully you shouldnt need to).
interesting idea, here is another one, he/she could go out and buy a cd player.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

I used to lay a pencil sideways hear the edge of the laptop, then rest the lid on it. That way nothing ever touches the screen, and the mac never sleeps.

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
Zacariem

haha I never thought of the pencil idea!! I might try that.

And...a CD player would be rather useless...i have most my music downloaded from the iTunes Store....

QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacariem View Post
haha I never thought of the pencil idea!! I might try that.

And...a CD player would be rather useless...i have most my music downloaded from the iTunes Store....
You can burn it.
Or buy an iPod.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to Mac | Upgrading to 2GB Ram. What's a good brand? »