New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Wahhhh!! :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rixx03

rixx03 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB

I was going to take a picture of my MacBook using my digicam, but I accidentally pulled on the digicam's lace which made my digicam fall on the trackpad of my MacBook. It wasn't a hard fall and didn't cause scratches on my digicam(it was its first fall in more than 2 years), but when I looked on my trackpad.. there was some sort of small dent(well not really, but it looks shiny and whiter than the trackpad) on the trackpad itself. There was also a line on the trackpad button continuing to the area below the button, but it isn't as visible compared to the one on the trackpad itself.

It hasn't affected the functionality of the trackpad, but it's disturbing. I tried using the diluted soap mixture, or just a damp cotton cloth in hopes that it will be removed, but nothing happened.

I feel so guilty since my MacBook is just turning 3 weeks this Saturday and it's got that and a not so visible scratch on the wrist area. WHAT DO I DO!?!??!?!?!neye: neye: neye:

|| i BOUGHT MY MACBOOK ON MARCH 24, 2007 ||
|| WHiTE MACBOOK 2GHZ iNTEL CORE 2 DUO 1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB HD ||
|| iPOD ViDEO 80GB WHiTE || iPHONE 8GB ||
QUOTE Thanks
Surreality

Surreality will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Macbook

The only thing you can do is learn from your mistake. I would be happy no real damage occurred. And always remember, Stuff Happens.
QUOTE Thanks
rixx03

Mac Specs: White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB

Gee, I was hoping you'd suggest some scratch remover or something. I am so disturbed about this.

QUOTE Thanks
Surreality

Surreality will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Macbook

I would just leave it alone if I were you. Post a picture of the damage if you can.
QUOTE Thanks
rixx03

I tried doing that. It won't show because of the flash, and if I adjust the lighting and turn off the flash it'll be the same.

QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

AnthonyJK will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD

Go to the apple store buy the trackpad protector its a sticker that protects the trackpad and the trackpad button. It will cover up the damage easily. There only 12 bucks and it comes with two sets. Ive had it on mine for about 3 months its awesome hope that helps

Here's one for a white macbook for $9.95 if you want to buy it offline

http://www.welovemacs.com/07670white.html
QUOTE Thanks
rixx03

Thank goodness there was a solution to that! THANK YOU!! :mac:

EDIT: On second thought, I still don't know if I can get one. I don't know if I can get one since I have absolutely no idea if there is one in the Apple Store here because I am currently in the Philippines. I hope there is, since almost all of the products in the online Apple Store is in the store here. Anyway the one in the online Apple Store is named "Power Support Track Pad Film for MacBook" and it's $12.95.

QUOTE Thanks
pao2pao16

pao2pao16 is on a distinguished road

^^ hey bro. Filipino here. i bought my macbook just last week at Power Mac Center at sa megamall. There is also another branch in glorietta. i heard its the biggest branch here. and there is one currently on construction at the new ayala mall Trinoma in north edsa. Power Mac Center is an apple store of course.
QUOTE Thanks
rixx03

Make that sis. I'm a girl. I bought mine in Mall of Asia, but I canvassed prices in Glorietta. And yes, the branch in Glorietta is the largest here. Anyway, I'm in Las Pinas so the Apple Stores are kinda far from here. Have you seen a trackpad protector in any of the branches you've been?
QUOTE Thanks
Kballar2

Kballar2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook 2.0Ghz, 1 Gig Ram

try isopropyl alochol on a damp cloth. You can usually find it at drug stores for like a dollar. Make sure you get the strong stuff 100%. This is also really handy for cleaning your LCD screen by diluting it 50% with water and sparying it on a lint-free cloth.
QUOTE Thanks
pao2pao16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixx03 View Post
Make that sis. I'm a girl. I bought mine in Mall of Asia, but I canvassed prices in Glorietta. And yes, the branch in Glorietta is the largest here. Anyway, I'm in Las Pinas so the Apple Stores are kinda far from here. Have you seen a trackpad protector in any of the branches you've been?
sorry for the misconception. uhmm, i dont think. its the first time iv heard about this protector. ill PM you the number of megamall branch so you can ask them.
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

Do any online stores ship to the Philippines?
QUOTE Thanks
pao2pao16

^^ i think so but im not too sure.. and its too expensive..
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

Oh well Im sorry that kind of sucks.
QUOTE Thanks
pao2pao16

why? planning on selling your?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Battery usage tips? | Just got my MBP! »