New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - my macbook died!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lostminotaur

lostminotaur is on a distinguished road

Hi! I just bought my macbook back in september and it has been running fine until five days ago... it was on screensaver and out of nowhere, it just shut off... i thought it went to sleep and tried to revive it, but nothing happened..
i followed the instructions on apple´s website, but nothing works... when i push the power button, there is a small green light that comes on and off next to the camera... but, nothing else happens... i have no idea what to do.. the worse part is that i am in Ecuador and I bought my macbook in Canada.. i am going to go to a mac dealership in a couplea days but I thought i´d post here and see if anyone has any good ideas.. thanks again for responding to my problem...

p.s. i haven´t had a chance to update my mac OSX because the internet connections here are awful.. i was hoping to do it when i got back..
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

Have you tried taking out the battery and just running it on ac power.
QUOTE Thanks
lostminotaur

lostminotaur is on a distinguished road

I´ve tried doing that as well, but no luck... thanks for the suggestion though.. anyone else have any great ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
falconx24

falconx24 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, 2GHz Dual Core 2, 1GB Ram, 120GB HDD,

try taking out the harddrive or ram starting it up with out those then it shouldnt start if it does u have not taken out either the hd or both ram chips or you have a super computer, and then once its turned on leave it for 5 mins then turn it off put there chips and harddrive back in then turn it on.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I switched to MAC | Macbook won't turn on »