New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - Looking to upgrade memory have ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maccrack

maccrack is on a distinguished road

Hi simple questions i was just wondering where or what website is the best for purchasing memory for my iBook G4 and i would like to just make sure i can put 1 gb in there too.. thanx in advance.

the specs on my G4 are:

Processor 1.07 GHz PowerPC G4
Memory 256MB Built-in
CPU type: Power PC G4 1.1

is all memory compatible with this or is it specific im looking to get 1gb
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I like http://www.crucial.com. They guarantee compatibility (when you use their system adviser) and offer a lifetime warranty. Their customer service is excellent too. Highly recommended.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I believe your particular model only has one user-accessible RAM slot.

So it looks like you can add one 1GB stick for a total of 1280MB of RAM. The particular RAM you need is a 200-pin SO-DIMM PC2700 (DDR333).

Newegg is a great place to look for RAM as they have a wide selection and great prices.

Laptop Memory at Newegg
QUOTE Thanks
munch

munch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD

Make sure to put the memory in pretty firmly. When I put 1gb in my ibook I thought I could finesse it in there. I had to push hard to get it to click and thought I broke something. Lesson: Be stern, but fair.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP HELP!! I have 2 HARD DRIVES (SPLIT??!?) | How to Reset MacBook »