Thread: PB Update?

Specs:
    Black MacBook - 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo - 2GB RAM - 80 GB HD
    Question PB Update?
    I'ma get a PB soon, but I was wonderin if neone knew when they would update the line. Cuz if it was in like 2 months, I'd wait...

Thanks'
    Oz

TylerMoney
    look for something within 2-4 months....that's all I can say...but I would suggest just getting your powerbook now and not waiting...cause honestly who knows when the updates are going to be.

HeavyMetalG0d
    I think it would be worht the 2 month wait to get that much better of a computer.

TylerMoney
    I would agree, but there isn't a for sure, and you could end up waiting longer and longer.....and I read an article saying the new ones might just be upgraded G4s. And if they are G5s, I wouldn't suggest getting the first round of them. The first round pbg5s are going to be pretty problematic I would think. That powerful of a chip in such a small computer....heat is going to be a main problem....I don't know...if you think it would be worth it, then wait....I've got my powerbook already, so it doesn't matter...and I'm very happy....

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    I got my powerbook 2 months before they did the upgrade from titanium to the Aluminum ones and I am glad that I didn't wait....Yes I sacrificed 133 mhz (867 -> 1ghz) and some faster memory. But what I didn't sacrifice was the problems they were having with Logic Boards and Dead Pixels...Plus I had two great months of use when it was still the current model
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

StarManta
    Personally, I would wait a bit - I hear they tend to upgrade the laptops around this time of year, and the powerbooks are certainly due for an update. And I would expect another G4 before the G5 books - an upgrade to 1.4 or 1.5 GHz G4, maybe.

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    I got my powerbook 2 months before they did the upgrade from titanium to the Aluminum ones and I am glad that I didn't wait....Yes I sacrificed 133 mhz (867 -> 1ghz) and some faster memory. But what I didn't sacrifice was the problems they were having with Logic Boards and Dead Pixels...Plus I had two great months of use when it was still the current model
    The same basic situation happened to me with my 900 G3 iBook, and I feel exactly the same way. Yay G3!
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

Thread Information