New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PB Update?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Oz3

Oz3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook - 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo - 2GB RAM - 80 GB HD

I'ma get a PB soon, but I was wonderin if neone knew when they would update the line. Cuz if it was in like 2 months, I'd wait...

Thanks'
Oz
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

look for something within 2-4 months....that's all I can say...but I would suggest just getting your powerbook now and not waiting...cause honestly who knows when the updates are going to be.
QUOTE Thanks
HeavyMetalG0d

I think it would be worht the 2 month wait to get that much better of a computer.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

I would agree, but there isn't a for sure, and you could end up waiting longer and longer.....and I read an article saying the new ones might just be upgraded G4s. And if they are G5s, I wouldn't suggest getting the first round of them. The first round pbg5s are going to be pretty problematic I would think. That powerful of a chip in such a small computer....heat is going to be a main problem....I don't know...if you think it would be worth it, then wait....I've got my powerbook already, so it doesn't matter...and I'm very happy....
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I got my powerbook 2 months before they did the upgrade from titanium to the Aluminum ones and I am glad that I didn't wait....Yes I sacrificed 133 mhz (867 -> 1ghz) and some faster memory. But what I didn't sacrifice was the problems they were having with Logic Boards and Dead Pixels...Plus I had two great months of use when it was still the current model

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

Personally, I would wait a bit - I hear they tend to upgrade the laptops around this time of year, and the powerbooks are certainly due for an update. And I would expect another G4 before the G5 books - an upgrade to 1.4 or 1.5 GHz G4, maybe.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
I got my powerbook 2 months before they did the upgrade from titanium to the Aluminum ones and I am glad that I didn't wait....Yes I sacrificed 133 mhz (867 -> 1ghz) and some faster memory. But what I didn't sacrifice was the problems they were having with Logic Boards and Dead Pixels...Plus I had two great months of use when it was still the current model
The same basic situation happened to me with my 900 G3 iBook, and I feel exactly the same way. Yay G3!

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS update process? | iBook G4 Battery »