New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Doh! I disabled my remote, now I want to use it.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

onecrazycowgirl

onecrazycowgirl has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 1.83 Macbook, 30 gig black ipod, 1 gig black nano, 2 gig blue nano

I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I found, or dig up again, that little checkbox that said "disable infared control" or something like that, and I spent an hour and ten minutes shuffling through all the different system prefs windows, and even tried searching.

Please, please don't make me feel too stupid ...

I really do have good reason for disabling it - all the incoming freshmen at my school got either a dell or a macbook, and anybody that got a macbook got that remote that works on anybody's computer, and some of the upperclassmen have gotten their hands on them. It's pretty obnoxious when you're trying to actually take notes.

All I need to know about life, I learned from a horse.
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Hi cowgirl!! I don't know how to solve your issue but I can assure you that no one will ever make you feel stupid here.

QUOTE Thanks
apunpktun

apunpktun is on a distinguished road

Netty4mac: the fact tht u said it proves her (or his?) point... hehe.... besides, nice quote at the end....
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunpktun View Post
Netty4mac: the fact tht u said it proves her (or his?) point... hehe.... besides, nice quote at the end....
ehh?? Are you saying that I made her feel dumb??

QUOTE Thanks
onecrazycowgirl

I'm so confused.

And I'm blonde.

But I dye my hair brown because it makes me feel smarter.

And I feel dumb a lot - "Book smarts but not a lot in the way of street smarts"

I'm sorta ditzy. But happy!

QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecrazycowgirl View Post
I'm so confused.

And I'm blonde.

But I dye my hair brown because it makes me feel smarter.

And I feel dumb a lot - "Book smarts but not a lot in the way of street smarts"

I'm sorta ditzy. But happy!
Did you try pointing the remote to your macbook and pressing the menu button? I had heard something about that and it programs it again but I'm not too sure. It wouldn't hurt to try

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

cowgirl, here you go:

from apple's site

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
onecrazycowgirl

Awesome!

I never even knew you could pair them, and I turned the infared receiver back on, in like 4 clicks. Thank you!

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

t'wern't nothin' ma'am.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ibook G3 clamshell 466mhz Panther | New MacBook: Harddrive question »