sexton
    Thumbs down Reinstall OSX on Powerbook Ti
    I bought a PB G4 Ti 867 mhz with OSX preinstalled and wanted to reinstall it myself but it seems every time I'm booting from cd I'm getting a "please restart your computer" message.Another thing is every time I start my PB it boots from cd and if theres no cd in a drive it carries on with booting from the hard drive.How to change that and make it boot directly from the hard drive?Another thing I tried to install Classic in it and same thing happened-please restart your computer.

Reinstall OSX on Powerbook Ti

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Quote Originally Posted by sexton
    I bought a PB G4 Ti 867 mhz with OSX preinstalled and wanted to reinstall it myself but it seems every time I'm booting from cd I'm getting a "please restart your computer" message.Another thing is every time I start my PB it boots from cd and if theres no cd in a drive it carries on with booting from the hard drive.How to change that and make it boot directly from the hard drive?Another thing I tried to install Classic in it and same thing happened-please restart your computer.
    To reinstall OS X put in your CD.....Don't open up anything in finder or anything
    Restart the computer..as soon as it starts to boot hold down the C key..this tells the computer to boot from disk.

To get it to go to your OS X folder without checking for CDs go into System Preferences -> Startup Disk and select your OS X folder
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

sexton
    Ok thanx for advice.Changed that and tried to install OS9.2 but got to "this program cannot run on this computer".Does that mean that Classic cannot be installed on 867Mhz G4?And this machine is not dual boot as my old G3 was?

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    You should be able to install OS9 with no problem.
    I have the same PowerBook as you and OS9 came preinstalled as a second boot folder
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Do you have a full installation media for OS 9. It is possible that the OS 9 you have is only for a certain hardware type.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

TylerMoney
    os x should have classic built into it..mine did....though I did have panther.

Thread Information