Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   ibook G3 clamshell 466mhz Panther (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/57239-ibook-g3-clamshell-466mhz-panther.html)

vedder10 03-23-2007 08:37 PM

ibook G3 clamshell 466mhz Panther
 
I have and ibook that I just purchased off of ebay that I have several issues with. First the cmos battery is bad because the computer will not hold the time and date. Is this easy to change in these computers? Second I cannot get any sound out of this ibook. I have checked system preferences and all volume is up and not muted. Cannot get any sound even when I play dvd. Third and last I cannot get this thing connected to my comcast cable modem so that I can surf. I enable dhcp for automatic but safari just says error site cannot be found. I am a windows user trying to make an effort to learn about macs so that maybe I can make the switch. I am still within the 10 day grace period that the seller gave me so I can send it back. Should I or are all of these issue worth trying to fix?

Rtas09 03-24-2007 04:01 AM

Ok..first off you got bought this mac off ebay, im not saying ebay is bad but it aint perfect, i know this cause i do occasionly buy stuff off there, anywayz getting back to your ibook. first off you have to no the version ure using, there are 3 currently, jaguar, panther, tiger. once u no this get the install cd's for ure mac and reinstall mac, also u will need another battery because the battery u have has been overcharaged and will not hold enouph space.
it wont connect to ure internet because maybe some of the preferences are changed so thats why u should Re-install the mac system u have. its best to get tiger if u dont have it already. the sound is because the guy probally doesnt have a good sound card in there so i suggest u get a new one, get a cheap one or expensive one for $400-900 maybe round about there not quite sure.

D3v1L80Y 03-24-2007 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vedder10 (Post 355446)
I am still within the 10 day grace period that the seller gave me so I can send it back. Should I or are all of these issue worth trying to fix?

If none of those issues were listed in the auction, then I would probably send it back.
They are fixable, but if you were promised a fully functional machine, then you should have received such.
Check with your seller first.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.