New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

nothing will save to hd

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PC HATER

Ok if you heard before every problem in the damn book had happened to my ibook. Well now nothing will save to the hd. IT wont download I cant save anything in appleworks keynote andything. It wont ripp cd's. absolutley nothing that has to do with saving to the hd wont work. That is so terrible I am so damn frustrated. Every application is slowley not being able to open. One by one they wont open I am losing every application one by one it is driving me crazy when i lose explorer I am lost. I think I am just going to crash the god damn thing so i can replace it. What is the point of a computer that cant save to the hd it is useless, and cant open application. about the only damn thing that i can do is turn it on. If you read my other thread, you would know that is where my problems begin. But they are ending since i cant open any applications so what is the point. Can anyone help me?(sorry about the language, but I am so pissed.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

try repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, varify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions.
QUOTE Thanks
PC HATER

Thank you so much for the help, but, oh god here comes the but. IT is the schools computer so I cant do that it is all administer blocked so it is just *****ed. I thank you for your help though, is there anything else besides repair permisions, that does not requir administer permision, thanks
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

Those idiots! :rolleyes: THERE is no way repair pemissions can do harm! It should never have been made Admin only! Morons! That's like disallowing a guest in your home from defragging your doz box! You - I guess - have to tell them that!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Reboot the computer
as soon as it starts to boot up hold down Apple + S
Once single user mode is done loading type in

/sbin/fsck -f and hit enter
it looks like it should repair somethings. If it does repair run the test again to make sure it says OK

when its done type in reboot and it will start up the computer again (it might be restart I always get the confused)

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

I should have mentioned that - a very good idea. One thing to remember is to repeat that command until the dislpay does NOT read ****File System Changed****
QUOTE Thanks
PC HATER

Thank you guys, I hope this brings relief, Im going to give that a try.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting Trackpad | Using an ibook with the top closed? »