New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

When did you get your iBook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tune280

I got mine about 3 weeks ago now really do like it

When did you get yours ?
QUOTE Thanks
sirlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune280
I got mine about 3 weeks ago now really do like it

When did you get yours ?
Last Sunday. My old P2-266 finally died on me so I went to check out my options and brought it home with me. Since then, I've already spent $200 in upgrades (max out ram and a 512 MB jump drive). I'm just hoping I don't spend any more tomorrow at a mac workshop at CompUSA.
QUOTE Thanks
Tune280

How much did your iBook cost you by the way ?
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

Well, I didn't get an iBook, though I do read the iBook forums, cause friends of mine have iBooks. But I did get a powerbook in dec. Good times.....I like the iBooks....I almost got one...and then my grandma gave me some money...so I went for the powerbook.
QUOTE Thanks
Tune280

lol cool i like iBook's more then PowerBooks tho iPod i must get next
QUOTE Thanks
KLank

Why would you like the iBook more than the PowerBook? Just the way it looks or do you have some other reason?

Also, I don't have an iBook either, but I got my PowerBook 2 weeks ago.
QUOTE Thanks
sirlan

Quote:
How much did your iBook cost you by the way ?
It cost me a little over $1900 total but I got .Mac and Applecare to go with it. Without those, it probably would've cost a little over $1600.
QUOTE Thanks
nr-media

I got mine 2 weeks ago. The Edu Discount is pretty sweet! I maxxed out the RAM, upgraded the HD, and got the Airport card for a lil over $1300. I looked at my PC options and they were $500-up more than the iBook
QUOTE Thanks
Tune280

cool im glad theres so many iBook users to talk with.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
cool im glad theres so many iBook users to talk with.
I've had mine since early August, and I couldn't be happier.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
trenollet

I bought my 12" used at the end of Feb. and the 14" 2 weeks later. Couldn't be happier, except of course if they were PB's. I paid just over $1400 for the 14" with the airport extreme card and maxed memory. The 12" was $600 with airport and 384 MB of memory, I think it is about a year old.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using an ibook with the top closed? | Kernel Panicks Bonanza »