New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Odd trackpad issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

johnmac

johnmac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 80GbHD 512MB Ram

I've noticed when i use my track pad somehow it also clicks the mouse without me even touching it. It's extremely annoying, and i can't figure out why it's doing it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I just don't get it. i'll be scrolling the page using the trackpad and all of a sudden it will start highlighting some of the text. when i'm mousing through the finder it will launch apps all without clicking the mouse. I have a feeling i'll have to take it in to get looked at, but has anyone else seen this behavior?

thanks,
john
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

G'day johnmac & welcome to Mac-Forums.

I have a Desktop Mac so I don't have 1st hand experience but thought I'd mention that a play around in the mouse/trackpad Prefs may shed some further light???
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

go into system preferences and go to keyboard and mouse.. then click on the second tab which is trackpad and play with those settings.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
johnmac

johnmac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 80GbHD 512MB Ram

Thanks to you both for the replies. I'll toy with the preferences, and see what comes of it. I the meantime where did you get that cool theme for os x?
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

I use shapeshifter. the theme is called shinobi ver 2.4.1

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PB opinions needed | My first hiccup »