New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Has 10.4.9 affected volume keys F3, F4 and F5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JMG1983

JMG1983 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 15" C2D, 2.16Ghz, 1.5GB Ram

Is it possible that the new update has affected the volume mute and up/down keys? Just got my MBP yesterday, they seemed to working fine. I updated the OS, then nothing.

Anyone else having this problem? Or any advice to give on trying to troubleshoot it? Swithcher/Noob here saying a thanks in advance for any help. Great work with the forum btw, it's 'the nuts'!
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Mine still work fine.

Try pressing the function (Fn) key at the same time, does that work?

If so, and you don't want to have to press the Fn key, go to System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, Keyboard and make sure the "Use F1-F12 keys to control software features" is unchecked.
QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

gomez1018 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

I dont know if this is wierd, but my volume actually got louder. I don't need the volume as high anymore. Maynbe just my ears but it is a significant difference. Went from like 4 bars (how loud i want it) all the way down to one bar.
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

My volume keys still work, and I can't hear any difference in volume. In fact, the only noticible change is the eject button.
QUOTE Thanks
JMG1983

JMG1983 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 15" C2D, 2.16Ghz, 1.5GB Ram

Thank-you Todd, you got it one. Gave your rep a press.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Glad it helped! Stay safe ...
QUOTE Thanks
dayal

dayal is on a distinguished road

Gomez I saw the same thing, my volume was so loud just on 4 bars!

i'm not seeing any problems on the volume keys front, however my brightness keys (F9 and F10) don't work no more, anyone having this problem?

|| MACBOOK PRO 2.16GHZ ||
iNTEL CORE DUO 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB HD || WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

cazabam -- I hadn't even noticed the delay on the eject button, thanks for pointing that out! It's a great improvement.

dayal -- Have you tried following the same instructions for making sure your function keys are still set properly?
QUOTE Thanks
dayal

dayal is on a distinguished road

was my mistake ToddG, everythings fine, I got a bit confused in my head.

|| MACBOOK PRO 2.16GHZ ||
iNTEL CORE DUO 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB HD || WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM
QUOTE Thanks
barra

barra is on a distinguished road

My sound control keys dont work either after the update sound works fine but cant be controlled the keys work but show a crossed circle under the volume icon when i use them cant mute or get volume down (driving wife crazy) the volume slider on the menu bar wont work either

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG1983 View Post
Is it possible that the new update has affected the volume mute and up/down keys? Just got my MBP yesterday, they seemed to working fine. I updated the OS, then nothing.

Anyone else having this problem? Or any advice to give on trying to troubleshoot it? Swithcher/Noob here saying a thanks in advance for any help. Great work with the forum btw, it's 'the nuts'!
QUOTE Thanks
macdout

macdout is on a distinguished road

Yep, my mac is way louder than it used to be too. I thought I was imagining things at first.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Amazingly Frustrated... | 256mb Video Ram = Dual Monitors ? »