New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

G4 getting quite hot!!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bnw

So I just traded my pismo g3 for a g4 550 gigabit ti. They are both in the same condition. So I got a good deal I think, anyway....

I have been using the g4 ALOT and damn this thing gets hott. Why is that? Is this normal? I dont remember my Pismo ever getting this hott.

The speakers and power button are really quite warm. Not so much you cant touch them.. But seems warmer than I think they should.

ALso I hear the processor fan going on more often than on the Pismo.

I understand they are totally different machines but...I just want to know is this normal? Should I be concerned?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Nope thats just the way that they are

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

Yeah, these things run pretty hot.... can't wait until the G5 Books come out though! scald city, here we come!
QUOTE Thanks
taylaner

taylaner is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" PowerBook G4 1GB ram 1,33Ghz superdrive,

when i use mine normaily without doing any rendering the heat
feels normal but when i start to render something ....
wooowww it gets soo hot
QUOTE Thanks
bnw

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylaner
when i use mine normaily without doing any rendering the heat
feels normal but when i start to render something ....
wooowww it gets soo hot
cool...well not really but thanx none the less. I just wanted to make sure that I didnt make a dumb trade.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

I still rarely...actually, never...have had mine hot enough to complain about...maybe I'm expecting mroe heat...or because I'm from Texas, heat doesn't really bother me....but I definently dont' think they get that hot...a bit...but not enough to even talk about really.
QUOTE Thanks
EYPUFF

EYPUFF is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive

It was warm enough for me to use it as a ghetto-fied space heater during the winter. Jeez, being the valley.. when it gets cold.. IT'S COLD!! All I needed to do was touch the darn thing and I was happy. Whenever it got cool.. just open up Final Cut Pro.. har har har.. :rolleyes:.

PowerBook G4. iLove it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just bought iBook package | Camcorder »