Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   headache (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/56273-headache.html)

Ziqry 03-14-2007 02:14 AM

headache
 
I bought a secondhand macbook but I didnt get their password then I cant update software and so on. Help me

yogi 03-14-2007 02:22 AM

Were you smart enough to get the Startup Discs with the laptop?

Ziqry 03-14-2007 02:26 AM

no I dont

skye 03-14-2007 12:20 PM

well maybe call apple and see if it has any sort of warranty on it, if so then they can send you some replacement disks.

if not, then you will need to purchase some inorder to reinstall your os x

Reel1 03-14-2007 12:42 PM

Are you able to contact the previous owner for the discs/password?

kgeier82 03-14-2007 06:28 PM

careful guys . new user, only 2 posts.

sounds stolen to me.

eric 03-14-2007 06:35 PM

well he may have stolen himself some trouble too.


i would TOTALLY suggest calling apple though. and please make sure to give them the serial number that they'll need to give you the disks. :)

KoDorSean 03-14-2007 06:45 PM

no password, no restore disc(s) and its "secondhand" I smell fish.

D3v1L80Y 03-14-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

careful guys . new user, only 2 posts.

sounds stolen to me.
Quote:

no password, no restore disc(s) and its "secondhand" I smell fish.
None of that means anything. A member's lack of postcount and that fact that it is a used machine doesn't prove or disprove anythying. There is no reason for anyone to jump to conclusions and make accusations of theft.
Used Macs are sold on sites like eBay and others everyday with no installation media. It doesn't mean that it was stolen.

To the OP, you will need to get the installation media. Contact the seller and see if they can send it to you. Since it is a MacBook, there is no retail version that you can buy. If the seller cannot give it to you, then Apple may be able to work something out. You will have to contact them to see what, if anything, can be done about it.

KoDorSean 03-14-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y (Post 348354)
None of that means anything. A member's lack of postcount and that fact that it is a used machine doesn't prove or disprove anythying. There is no reason for anyone to jump to conclusions and make accusations of theft.
Used Macs are sold on sites like eBay and others everyday with no installation media. It doesn't mean that it was stolen.

To the OP, you will need to get the installation media. Contact the seller and see if they can send it to you. Since it is a MacBook, there is no retail version that you can buy. If the seller cannot give it to you, then Apple may be able to work something out. You will have to contact them to see what, if anything, can be done about it.

I was not trying to suggest its stolen.. It just seems odd to me..


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.