Thread: 14" Macbook

Lightbulb 14" Macbook
    Okay, this is a dream of mine. The 13" MB is just too small for my eyes, and the 15" MBP is too large to carry around. What are the chances of a 14" MB or MBP? I noticed that there is a lot of extra space around the screen of the MB, whereas the MBP has much less space. It seems like they might be able to fit a 14" screen in that frame. I haven't seen any rumors of a 14" offering, but what are the chances?

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Have you actually tried out the Macbook in person? If not, then it's really not as small as it might seem. The resolution lets you fit a lot more on your screen than other comparable screens. We have a Dell laptop with a 14 inch screen and to be honest, I think the Macbook's screen seems less cluttered.

Also, it's not 13 inches, it's 13.3 inches. So the chances of a 14 inch screen popping up on either model are slim to none. Especially since the rumor mill has only been talking about a 12" Macbook Pro with not an inkling about a larger Macbook (if you think about it, Apple has no incentive to making a 14" screen for its Macbook Pro line).

June 2007
    July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Have you actually tried out the Macbook in person? If not, then it's really not as small as it might seem. The resolution lets you fit a lot more on your screen than other comparable screens. We have a Dell laptop with a 14 inch screen and to be honest, I think the Macbook's screen seems less cluttered.

Also, it's not 13 inches, it's 13.3 inches. So the chances of a 14 inch screen popping up on either model are slim to none. Especially since the rumor mill has only been talking about a 12" Macbook Pro with not an inkling about a larger Macbook (if you think about it, Apple has no incentive to making a 14" screen for its Macbook Pro line).
    Yes, I have tried out the Macbook, many times. The native resolution on that screen is too small for my eyes. And yes, I am aware that 13/14/15 actually means 13.3/14.1/15.4". Looks like a 14" Apple notebook is just a dream...

Specs:
    White Macbook 2.16Ghz core2duo, 1GB, superdrive
    I had to laugh at this thread, most people are wanting a smaller macbook not a bigger one.

Thread Information