New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Bootcamp Internet Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zrosen88

zrosen88 is on a distinguished road

Hey, all --

I have a problem with my Intel-based MacBook Pro (OS X 10.4.8). I have installed and used Bootcamp on it, so that I may also access Windows XP. Previously, I was having no trouble connecting to the internet on both OSX and XP. For some reason, however, I am no longer able to connect on XP. Please note that I CAN, however, connect to the internet on OS X perfectly fine.

The weird part is that in XP, it not only shows the wireless signal, but it also is able to "connect" with an excellent signal strength. But when I open a browser, it won't load any websites.

Here are some things I've tried already:

- Sending a ping -- no connection and thus unable to return it
- Renew IP address -- no luck
- Plug in to the ethernet cable -- internet works fine
- Go to a different wireless location -- problem still exists (thus, it's NOT the wireless connection -- which it wouldnt make sense to be anyways, since the internet works fine on the OSX).
- Restart the computer -- no change

Please help!

Zack Rosen
zack@zackrosen.com
QUOTE Thanks
Ninjab3ar

Ninjab3ar has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600

Maybe you can try to reinstall the drivers that Boot Camp Assistant made. If that doesnt work, go to OS X and burn another driver CD. Maybe that will work
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Turning off the power on sound. | Macbook Questions for Macbook Users. »