New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - So I go and buy this cleaning stuff...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

plusfortyfour

plusfortyfour is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD

I bought a cleaning solution for my Macbook called Clean Dr. It gets the dust, dirt, fingerprints off, but I noticed that it leaves streaks on the screen, even though on the bottle it says it doesn't leave streaks. I don't notice when the Macbook is on, but when its off, you can see them.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a bad product?

Totally unrelated question: How well does The Sims 2 play on Macbooks?
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

Most of the time the 'non-streak' stuff requires that you wipe it with a microfiber cloth to get the streaks off. It's not so much as 'non-streak' as 'easily removable streaks'.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusfortyfour View Post
Totally unrelated question: How well does The Sims 2 play on Macbooks?
My wife runs sims 2 on her PB 1.67ghz with 1gb of ram and it works great... I would think it would be that much better on a macbook.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
DubeDude

DubeDude will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I replied recently to a similat thread to this in which someone was asking how to clean a laptop screen. Like you, I hate streaks on my screen. I did a lot of research and I found this stuff called Klear Screen. It is fantastic. Everything I tried from asses milk to photographic lense cleaners left streaks. Before I bought this I tracked down some user reports and they were all unequivocally enthusiastic. And my own experience has been just so. For the first time ever I have a perfectly clean, smear free screen.

I hope this helps.

David
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoDorSean View Post
My wife runs sims 2 on her PB 1.67ghz with 1gb of ram and it works great... I would think it would be that much better on a macbook.
The Sims 2 is for Mac as well as PC?
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by walmartconnect View Post
The Sims 2 is for Mac as well as PC?
there is a PC version and a mac version..the mac sims 2 expansion packs are usually a few months behind the pc versions.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
narf1899

narf1899 is a jewel in the roughnarf1899 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450

i use iKlear and it works great (no streaks)...also, i always spray the included lint-free cloth with the solution, not the screen.

iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
Powermac G4 dual 450
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

Just get a micro fiber cloth and wet it a bit. For touch ups just blow hot air onto the screen on wipe with the cloth. Make sure you buy a good quality cloth or you will have streaks. Pep boys wont cut it. buy from autogeek
http://www.autogeek.net/index.html
QUOTE Thanks
dankie44

dankie44 is an unknown at this point

u wont even need that expensive iklear stuff
just go to autozone or pepboys, buy a can of 3m glass cleaner
works flawless, it can also clean your macbook exterior too.... i have a blackbook so it cleans all the oil marks and everything off awesomely..
these 3m can glass cleaner is not a spray or anything its compressed cleaner, so when sprayed its bubbles already so its reacted already so it wont leave residues nor streaks..
and also it lasts along time too, cause the can is HUGE for a price od 10 bucks
- Danny
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Should I be concerned? | apple care pretty darn good »