New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - PCMCIA card substitutes for Broadband service?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SoundsGood

SoundsGood is on a distinguished road

One of the things I'll want to do eventually is get Broadband service for my laptop, so the Internet is available anywhere I go (within cell service limits, of course). You know, EVDO service, or BroadbandConnect, or whatever it's called. ;-)

The Macbook doesn't have a PCMCIA card slot or an Express card slot. Is there any way to make this happen on a Macbook? Or is it simply not possible?

Thanks.

EDIT: oh, I know this can be done on the Macbook Pro, but I want to know if it can be done on the Macbook.
QUOTE Thanks
SoundsGood

Anyone??
QUOTE Thanks
tripfly

tripfly is on a distinguished road

My first post!!

I have a MacBook and the Verizon USB broadband Aircard. I like it a lot. On the downside, I could not get it "free" after rebate and paid almost $200.0

Sprint has their USB card on sale for 50.00 and a rebate.

Service is fast. Comparable to DSL but seems slower than Cable. Service is VERY expensive too. Around $100.00 a month in FL with all the taxes.

You can also get a CardBus adapter for the PCMCIA card to connect via USB. Google PCMCIA to USB.

Tripfly
QUOTE Thanks
SoundsGood

Excellent first post. :-)

Thanks, Tripfly!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems reading commercial DVD Movies...anyone else? | Watching TV on a G4 iBook... »