New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Replacing the Hard Drive?? Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

needsomehelp

needsomehelp is on a distinguished road

Hello all, I wanted to upgrade my macbook HDD from 60GB to 120GB so I bought this from newegg (and the reviews say that it does work with the macbook):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822149057

ANyway, I took out the 60GB Mac Hard Drive and popped in my 120GB (and it fits) and I started my mac with the installation cd and when I get to the "Select a Destination volume to install the MAC OS X Software" screen, the hard drive does not show up in the options, nothing does its blank.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
needsomehelp

AS a followup, when I goto System Profiler through the INstall Disc, it shows my new HDD under Serial ATA but still doesnt show when i try to install osx
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

G'day needsomehelp, I'm not 100% positive on this one, but you may need to navigate to Utilities>Disc Utility on the instal DVD/CD and format the new internal drive first???
QUOTE Thanks
needsomehelp

You're a genius!!!! Thank you Much
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

From your last post, I take it that you did need to format the new internal HD. Glad you're all sorted out now~
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« just got my ibook g4 today, it has a few problems though. | Unresonsive buttons and track pad »