New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - If you love your iBook post here!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ibookclamman300

ibookclamman300 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM

i just spent an evening testing out my new ibook g4 (had a g3 before) and i have to say that i love it. I once was a pc guy and now its mac all the way, post "I love my ibook" if you feel the same way.:black:

Mac: Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 120gb hdd, 1gb ram, black
iPod: iPod nano 2ng gen. 8gb, black
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

I have had my iBook G4 just under a year, and before that I used my mac mini almost all the time, both are wonderful computers. My iBook really just has been the best computer I've ever owned. I've had no problems with it since purchase. Love my Ibook!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I own an ibook 1.33Ghz (Last model before the Macbooks) and love it. It does all I need a Laptop to do and so well. I get compliments from a lot of Windows friends and people who's computers I service. I take it with me on every computer call.
QUOTE Thanks
BoA

BoA is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5, 17", 160 GB, 512RAM/ iPod 1gen, 15G/iPod video black

I bought an iBook G3 off of here and it is pretty neat, but soon to be replaced when the MB arrives .
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

I love my iBook (1.2 ghz) and all.. BUT i would really love a macbook pro.. I've just had this for two years and im ready to upgrade... just no money.. oh well..
QUOTE Thanks
DVaris223

DVaris223 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWonder View Post
I love my iBook (1.2 ghz) and all.. BUT i would really love a macbook pro.. I've just had this for two years and im ready to upgrade... just no money.. oh well..
Agreed. I love my iBook. It had a good run, and definitely is still a kickin' computer compared to other 2 yr. old models that my friends have from various PC manufacturers. Considering this is my first Macintosh I guess I'll always remember this one because it was my first. Wow, that sounded nerdy HAHA. MacBook Pro here I come :spook:

QUOTE Thanks
Cassifire

Cassifire has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.

I bought a 800 MHz G3, and although Ive only used it for 3 minutes (heh, still paying it off) It seems to be great.
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

those 12 inch 800mhz are wonderful, i had one for a while. was my first mac, now the g/f has it.(it is currently out of comission though)

they are a wonder to type papers on. i key at 110wpm and they never hindered my typing ability at all
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

i LIKE my ibook. slowing down a bit now! had it from August 2005 so getting a bit full up. 17gb left from 60gb hd. But still solid. use it every single day at school and sometimes at home. perfect !.

got nearly 200 cycles on the battery but that still lasts about 4 hrs so no complaints !
QUOTE Thanks
bokeym

bokeym is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye23412 View Post
i key at 110wpm...
good god haha

my iBook is great ... with only 512 MB ram I can run VLC, Adium, CS2, Camino, iWeb, Previewer, all on different desktops without an issue. The only problem I did have with it was that the hard drive failed -- but what do you expect after three years of reading and writing? I'd like to eventually upgrade the ram to at least 768 MB but we'll see what happens. As is it's great; best of all I only paid $460 shipped :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
ibookclamman300

i got mine off of ebay for $674 (good deal i think). It has been used a lot but you cant tell, except in the battery life. i have an upgrade plan for this bad boy, max the ram, new battery,new OS(10.5), and MS Office 2004. can only really afford the ram right now but who cares, its worth it.

QUOTE Thanks
jaster

jaster will become famous soon enough

I love my ibook even after the "incident" (see avatar pic). My ibook still sits on my desk in a place of honor next to my new macbook. It still runs 100% off an external monitor. I lov that ibook, got me through some tough exams and papers.
QUOTE Thanks
ibookclamman300

me too about the multiple program thing, i can have 5 apps open and still be doing fine.

QUOTE Thanks
pod

pod will become famous soon enough

I love my 1.33mhz 12 inch G4 iBook: with 1GB RAM I can run Safari, iTunes, Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark at the same time with no dawdling... great looks... great portability... great battery life... crappy speakers but hey, you can't have everything... and I use headphones so it don't matter...
QUOTE Thanks
bokeym

bokeym is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibookclamman300 View Post
i got mine off of ebay for $674 (good deal i think). It has been used a lot but you cant tell, except in the battery life. i have an upgrade plan for this bad boy, max the ram, new battery,new OS(10.5), and MS Office 2004. can only really afford the ram right now but who cares, its worth it.
Thats not bad -- thats the average going price of an iBook/PB.

Check on the apple website; there has been a battery recall on many of the iBooks. They send you a new battery if you qualify and just send the old one back -- all free no shipping cost.

Instead of buy MS Office 2004 you could use NeoOffice-it is a bit slow but works well. It can read and save *.doc, *.ppt, and other MS Office extensions.

It is going to be awhile before Leopard comes out so thats not a big deal. For now there isn't really any problem with 10.4.8. I would wait a little though after Leopard comes out to make sure there isn't really and huge issue with it.

I think that covers everything :headphone
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Startup Problems... | Creating ISO's? »