New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Flight Mode?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrJoshua

MrJoshua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo

Hi

I can't find a hardware switch on my macbook that will turn on flight mode... This is included on pretty much every PC notebook I've seen in the last year or so, and I was under the impression that you had to have a hardware switch to turn off all BT/Wireless functionality if you wanted to use a notebook on a flight?

Does anyone on here use their macbook in the air?

Cheers

Josh (UK)
Fairly Recent Switcher
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

1. Go to the Menubar and click on the Airport symbol. Choose "Turn Airport Off".

2. Go to the Menubar and click the Bluetooth symbol. Choose "Turn Bluetooth Off".

3. Thank Apple for not making an entire hardware button just for this simple task.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

I'm pretty sure that turning off wireless and bluetooth via system preferences will sufficiently disable them whilst flying. I've got both of mine in the menubar because I did that 'show in the menu bar' thing so I just go there to turn anything off/on.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Walkerj, you raise a valid point. One ahs to have the corresponding menubar icons activatedin System Preferences.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
MrJoshua

MrJoshua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo

Thanks for your comments...

I have used the method above to turn mine off before, but was just trying to find out if this was good enough.

At work when I spec notebooks, they must have a hardware switch for this... It's just one of those things the business requires.

Cheers

Josh (UK)
Fairly Recent Switcher
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« lag internet, any advice? | MacBook Powercord Problem »