New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - clean black macbook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bayrae

bayrae is on a distinguished road

The top of my black macbook has a bunch of grease spots from my hands all over it.. has anyone found a good solution to clean it with?
QUOTE Thanks
crazyivan

crazyivan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0 GhZ, Black

There are probably some fancy shmancy cleaners out there, but to be honest, I just use a slightly damp paper towel. A few swipes, and my MacBook looks good as new. Also works on the keyboard and track pad. It does not, however, work on the screen. Makes it very streaky. For that I recommend using one of those micro-fiber cloths that I got with my glasses. Works like a charm.
QUOTE Thanks
bayrae

bayrae is on a distinguished road

I have tried a damp paper towel.. but it doesn't work for all of the spots on the top. For the screen though, I wipe it down with a damp paper towel and use a micro-fiber hand towel to dry it. looks brand new.
QUOTE Thanks
Fromasta Flex

Fromasta Flex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone

My keys shine like the sun from use, from not even dirty hands. I've tried surface wipes but they still shine. But yeah, the damp paper towl seems to work fine on the rest of it.
QUOTE Thanks
tsw

tsw is on a distinguished road

I bought IKLEAR at my local Apple store. Its very hard to clean the screen, tons of pressure required to remove even small smudges. It works ok on the case but unless your careful it streaks. Simple damp, lightly damp cloth work well on the case.
QUOTE Thanks
seoulbrotha

seoulbrotha is on a distinguished road

Try using Arm-n-Hammer's Magic eraser. It works well, but do not use it on the track pad.
QUOTE Thanks
disboifan

disboifan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MB CD 1.25Gb

i don't about you guys but i just put some alcohol on a rag and wipe everything away.

not on the screen though!
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

AnthonyJK will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD

Use the Mr. Clean magic eraser. Follow these steps:

1. Get a moist soft cloth wipe down the compter.
2. Soak the Magic Eraser in water, ring it out so its only slightly damp.
3. Go over the case of the computer with in a back and forth motion. Avoid parts of the computer such as the tracpad and screen. The keyboard is ok to do just be VERY careful not to let any water drip.
4. Wipe everything down with a dry (micro fiber) cloth anything that wont harm or scratch the case should be fine.

I did this on my black mackbook and it looks brand new. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is amazing. I looked like the top of my case had scratches all over it but when I went through that process it was spotless, not a single scratch.
QUOTE Thanks
polskie

polskie is on a distinguished road

i clean my black macbook with baby wipes it works fine no residue or anything like that left on it....just wipe it down with a baby wipe and then dry it off with a bath towel i use it on my keyboard and mouse as well looks and feels new....just dont use it on the screen or webcam
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How hot is too hot? | TiBook 15inch DVI Powerbook display dead »