New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Need to re-install system software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

walktall

walktall is on a distinguished road

I am new to Macs and have a MacBook. I have had a lot of trouble and have been told to make a backup - which I have done using SuperDuper and then wipe the disk and reinstall everything.
As a newbie to Macs, I do not know how to wipe (format??) the disk.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
QUOTE Thanks
Sherman Homan

Sherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the rough

Give us some details! What sort of trouble? Why have you been told to reformat and re-install? You don't usually need to do that, especially since working from a backup will probably just bring all of those troubles right back!
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by walktall View Post
I am new to Macs and have a MacBook. I have had a lot of trouble and have been told to make a backup - which I have done using SuperDuper and then wipe the disk and reinstall everything.
As a newbie to Macs, I do not know how to wipe (format??) the disk.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
When you bought your mac you should have gotten cd(s) with the computer.. those cd(s) will allow you to wipe everything and start fresh as if you just took it out of the box. It will restore everything to factory settings.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How are the 1.83 Macbook Pros? | AGP Graphics Card - MacBook »