New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Invisible Shield

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

frankthetank966

frankthetank966 is on a distinguished road

Anyone have one of these on their Macbook. I had one on my Core Duo and did an excellent job on applying the top. I recently was upgraded to a Core 2 Duo due to numerous issues with the Core Duo, and did not do such a good job applying the shield. What do ya'll think of the product? I think it is good if you do a great job of applying it. Otherwise it takes away from the look of the Macbook.
QUOTE Thanks
StevenH

StevenH is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD

I ordered it last week. Will let you know when I've applied it. I'm worried that even if I do apply it properly, it will look a bit too plasticy... We'll see.
QUOTE Thanks
Mactime

Mactime is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo

it wont look too plasticy, I have it on my white macbook and what I love about it is that it still retains its shiny appearance. Thats why if you are applying it on a black macbook you will loose the mat finish appearance(if thats what u like).
As to applying it, you realy have to do it in a well lit room and dont wear any dark colored clothing.

The good light will help you see if you are creating any air bubbles(which if very small dont fuss about them as in days as the plastic dries they will go away)
The dark clothes will shed lint and if your mac is white you dont want black lint under the plastic, it will realy stick out(I know I was wearing a black sweater at the time, it took me forever to remove the shield and clean the lint off and do it all over again)

hope this helps
QUOTE Thanks
StevenH

StevenH is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD

That's some great tips there Mactime. I don't suppose you know of any videos online that show how to apply it do you? I've tried looking but can't find one.
QUOTE Thanks
frankthetank966

frankthetank966 is on a distinguished road

No videos. Sorry just take your time doing it. p.s. they are having a 20% sale.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB - Figure out WHICH PORT? | Macbook Won't Startup »