New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - MacBook - Bluetooth and Sleeping Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ElBigre

ElBigre is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I am confronted with two of the better-known MacBook hardware problems: most of the times when I am working on my MacBook, I cannot put it to sleep (screen goes off, yet after 5 seconds the superdrive protests and the MacBook wakes up - both when I close the lit and when I put it to sleep using the power button).

New is that when I cannot put it to sleep, Bluetooth also is unavailable (I am not using it, yet sometimes it says it is unavailable and sometimes it does not)...

Does anyone face the same problem? What should I do?

Thanks for the advice!

Kind regards,
Brent Bleys
Belgium
QUOTE Thanks
captainstabbin

captainstabbin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano

my macbook started to do something similiar. When I close the lid, it goes to sleep. But the next day if I open back up, the light on the front goes off and I just hear the fan spinning and nothing on the display. I have to hold the power button to power it off and then power it back on. I did recently get a bluetooth mouse so I might try it without the BT and see if it does the samething. I did repair permissions and there was a firmware update in Nov of 2006 that was already applied. Any suggestions, thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
narf1899

narf1899 is a jewel in the roughnarf1899 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450

try resetting the PRAM (Command Option P R on start-up)
and/or the Power Managing Unit- http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303319

iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
Powermac G4 dual 450
QUOTE Thanks
captainstabbin

captainstabbin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano

i will do that, thanks
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

is bluetooth off? there is also a setting inside the bluetooth pane to disable "wake from bluetooth"

maybe something is waking it up occasionally. cant hurt to disable these things

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
ElBigre

ElBigre is on a distinguished road

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your replies. Unfortunately, I have tried all suggestions posted here (resetting PRAM and power management system - I had already disabled the 'wake from bluetooth' option) and none of them seem to have fixed the problem...

I am now going to try and find out what triggers this bluetooth/sleepless problem, and look around on the internet some more to see if others have identical symptoms.

Thanks again for the advice! If someone can think of another way to try and resolve these issues, please let me (us) know.

Kind regards,
Brent
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mouse Pointer | Change of Hard Disk »