New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Where do you use YOUR Powerbook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

StarManta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hype.it
anyway and everywhere.... I've learnt not to use it at the top of a flight of stairs, especially on the 23rd floor. Anyone see a Powerbook 17" fly? I have. Not many can witness that.
Poor thing.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Huh? Outdoors? I must expiriance this place.

I mostly use it around my house. Sometimes at my Uncles too... someone has WiFi across the street
QUOTE Thanks
msSwitch

I take my Powerbook everywhere! It sits on a pedestal at work and at home (well, actually they're monitor stands) and travels with me everywhere. I'm never without online access because I can connnect my sprint phone to my PB and be online in a matter of seconds. At home it's WiFi all the way so i can sit out on the back porch and download or listen to music on iTunes, watch movies, send email, chat, and even get some work done, if the mood strikes me
QUOTE Thanks
gitboxnat

I got my Powerbook for my university program because it's mandatory for all students to purchase a mac, not pc. So far, I'm pleased with the Mac, however, I still use the PCs since there are a few things I still haven't figure out on the Mac that I can do on the PC.

I use my Powerbook for school work mainly, and Internet. I like how Macs look better than PCs, but it cost too much. : (
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris22x
Ouch! Do you have any pictures of the aftermath?
Nope... sorry. But going to the apple dealer on a saturday morning with a rucksack full of shattered bits from what used to be a PB17 brought a tear to a few passerby's. They all wanted to know what happened... the engineer was just in complete shock! Specially since the machine's less than a month old.

I still have the bits... maybe when i get a decent digital cam, i'll take some pics. The engineer gave me a complete set of manuals, i guess he thought it'll be funny to reassemble the machine while i waited two weeks for the replacement. When it arrive, they sent me a PB15 with superdrive.

Well... I'm happy with a new PB. My last project covered the cost of the PB17... still it's a experience. I'm no longer curious at what a PB looks like after a flight!

Got any crazy glue anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

Well, disamn yo....that's pretty wack. I wish I could see my powerbook fly, and then have enough money for a new one....If mine flew now, I wouldn't see another one for many a moon. But, good to hear you did get a replacement.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitboxnat
I got my Powerbook for my university program because it's mandatory for all students to purchase a mac, not pc.
I wish more schools were like that, although for me part of the joy of Apple is being different. Maybe I'm just weird.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
dr_springfield

I use my Powerbook solely when I'm hiding underneath my bed. The rest of the time, I don't use a computer.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

hmmm...and how often are you hidding under your bed?...and why?
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

My University's computer science program highly recommends Macs now, instead of PCs for the sole reason of OS X (Unix). The program requires a ton of Linux work, and they also got really tired of Windows crashing and slowing down their progress. So, they're killing two birds with one stone and everybody is getting Macs.

I'm starting the CS program this fall, so, I picked up a new Powerbook a while back.
QUOTE Thanks
Violence

Post Deleted
QUOTE Thanks
ianlee77

i use it in front of my desktop PCs.
Basically neglect the not-so-attracting PCs unless i really need to run some programs under winxp.
QUOTE Thanks
fiz

The crapper, where I'm posting from right now.
QUOTE Thanks
nicholas

While watching movies in my home theater!
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

Now that I've had my Powerbook for a while, I find myself using it more and more. I generally take it everywhere with me. Right now I'm kicked back on my bed listening to my iPod, and perusing the posts.

The other day my girlfriend and I were at Starbucks, both with our Powerbooks open, and I was doing some research for my upcoming college project. We were inside next to the window and this guy that was outside right next to the same window, also had a 12" Powerbook. He slowly turned back and looked at us, and then did a quick double take when he saw two more Powerbooks. These things are really getting popular, I'm seeing more and more of them each day.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What would you pay for.... | Sound Quality of iBook »