New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Problems with randomly shuting downs and trouble rebooting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thaddeust206

thaddeust206 is on a distinguished road

I've had my macbook for about 4 or 5 months now and have had no prior problems. Then it shut down in the middle of burning a cd one day. When I tryed to restart it, initially it starts to reboot and then would go off in the middle of booting up. I've continued to have this problem. Any advice or solutions for this guys? Thanks in advance..
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

does your computer turn on and the screen stays black?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, thaddeust206.

You might want to take a look at these:

MacBook: Shuts down intermittently

Troubleshooting a MacBook or MacBook Pro that won't turn on

Resetting MacBook and MacBook Pro System Management Controller (SMC)
QUOTE Thanks
thaddeust206

It goes to the normal booting up screen and then will randomly shut down in the middle of that..or the loading your settings screen traditionally...

Sorry about the poor grammer on topic heading.
QUOTE Thanks
thaddeust206

Thanks for the advice mac head case...I will try those out and let you know if they worked out for me.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Sure thing. We'll be here! Hope one of these fixes it! :girl::
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

Have you done all the Software Updates?
If you haven't I think thats your solution. My computer would just randomly shutdown like yours and then eventualy just went completley black when ever I turned it on. If your screen does go black try resetting your p-ram (apple-option p-r) hold those and wait for a loud beep it should then start up. You might need to instal the latest firmware. thats what my problem was. If you have all the latest software then it might be your battery. Is your battery working normal? If it is then you should bring it to the nearest apple store and they should be able to fix it.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Yeah the firmware update is in the first link I posted, gnrfsu.

If that doesn't fix it, there are other troubleshooting tricks he can try that I linked him to in the same above post.
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

I didnt see your post beacuse i had started typing left then came back, but it doesnt matter just aslong as his computers ok
QUOTE Thanks
thaddeust206

I had seen those articles *sorry I hadn't realized* I've tryed those all except the online downloadable update/program. I do not have internet access for the laptop right now and i am currently browsing via sidekick. When I tryed the other trouble shooting options they work for a good chunk of time but my problem continues. I will update my computer on monday, but until then any other advice would be great. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

I think the software updates would be the only thing to help your computer for now until monday, sorry your having trouble.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quick Question | MBP USB with Card Reader. »