New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

PB 15" pros & cons

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jdscott

Could anyone comment on the PB 15" 1ghz model and tell me any pros and cons of this model and maybe suggestions on what configuration has the best bang for the buck?
QUOTE Thanks
KLank

It's hard to comment on these witout knowing what you are looking to do with the powerbook. For example, I have and love the 12" powerbook, but if you want it for presentations (using the built in LCD) or alot of photo or video editing then the screen would be too small to use for long periods of time. I'm sure if you give some more info about what you would be using your powerbook for then people can give you a better suggestion. If you are just looking for opions on what works for US, then I like the 12".
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

The 15" is really nice, and it has the speakers on each side of the keyboard that sound really good considering! But I like the 12 I think, that sweet compactness is so tempting
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

You didn't say whether you were taking price into account.... so 17", obviously
QUOTE Thanks
Chamorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdscott
Could anyone comment on the PB 15" 1ghz model and tell me any pros and cons of this model and maybe suggestions on what configuration has the best bang for the buck?
That 12" w/ SuperDrive seems like a good deal...especially if you have a desktop at home. If not, you'd need the extra power/monitor space of one of the larger ones
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

Oh wait yes you did... I just can't read. :/ oh well.
QUOTE Thanks
gitboxnat

PROS:
-userfriendly, easy to use, cute icon (especially dock!), looks great

CONS:
-kinda pricey, not much programs to use, friends hate me cuz i use the mac. but i dont' really care. haha.

overall, the PB is a very good piece of technology. i only have one or two little problems with it, but i guess it's just the RAM. hopefully i can get 1GB RAM sometime soon.

hopes this helps...
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark
The 15" is really nice, and it has the speakers on each side of the keyboard that sound really good considering! But I like the 12 I think, that sweet compactness is so tempting
The PB12 and PB15 has a mini sub-woofer, doesn't do much but compared to the Ti, there is definitely a little more depth.

Images taken from Apple's Service Manuals

Boom!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I constantly have to restart my Powerbook! | We have a new addition to the Apple world! »