Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    DarkRaven24's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 26, 2006
    Location
    Mission, Tx
    Posts
    34
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
    Wait or Buy MBP?
    I want a MBP and I should have the money by or before the end of March and I don't know if I should wait for them to launch OS X 10.5... You any of you think its just going to be the OS that will change or some of the other specs too...? I don't know if I should buy it in March and then just upgrade to OS X 10.5 later or wait until they launch OS X 10.5

  2. #2

    Stretch's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 13, 2007
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,773
    Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    answer these two questions and you'll know:
    1. Do you need a new computer?
    2. Can your afford said new computer?

    When you can answer both with a yes, then you should buy your new computer.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

    Currently running OS X 10.10

  3. #3

    Rizzo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 24, 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    169
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
    I say get it when you can. You will be able to upgrade anyways, right?

  4. #4

    kgeier82's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 01, 2006
    Posts
    1,495
    Specs:
    MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
    i say buy it if you NEED it now. if you really dont, just wait a month, maybe 2. i dont think itll be long now before leapord/new mbp are out.
    2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Feb 28, 2007
    Posts
    1,444
    Waiting would be a good idea if it is a finacial issue and depending on your current situation and needs.

  6. #6

    flilow06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 20, 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    255
    Specs:
    15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
    I work at a large electronics retail store and the "close-out" date specified in our system on the current MB Pro is 4/30. New models are usually available around this time, if not earlier. That would give the current model a six month life span, sounds about right for them to upgrade the hardware along with Leopard. I plan on waiting until then myself. I would only get it now if you really need it.

  7. #7

    DarkRaven24's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 26, 2006
    Location
    Mission, Tx
    Posts
    34
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
    i guess i'll wait until mid april and see what happens...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. should i buy a MBP now or wait until 2012
    By zq00 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 02:28 AM
  2. To buy a new MBP or wait ?
    By markzilch in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 06:12 PM
  3. MBP: Buy now or wait...
    By RMC in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 02:08 AM
  4. Wait until Snow leopard to buy a MBP?
    By JoP! in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 03:15 PM
  5. Buy MBP now or Wait til After June
    By C_Andrews in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •