New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Macbook stuck on apple screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lazarus

Lazarus is on a distinguished road

My wife was using the computer earlier and when she was finished shut it down normally. She went to turn it on a little bit ago and it got to the grey screen with the apple and the thing spinning symbolizing loading I guess but it never loads to the desktop (sorry I'm a PC guy). I ran the hardware test on the OS X (holding D down) and everything checked out fine. I also tried holding down C and got to the screen where it ask if I want to install anything and I just click boot from HD and still nothing. Also tried taking the battery out and holding down the power button but that did nothing as well. I'm going to have to take this back to the store but does anyone know what the problem is?
QUOTE Thanks
Martin.

Martin. is a jewel in the roughMartin. is a jewel in the rough

are there any ipods or external devices plugged into the computer?

~Martin.

QUOTE Thanks
Lazarus

No there are not.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Is there a Disk in the Drive?

Sorry for the "20 Questions".
QUOTE Thanks
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
Is there a Disk in the Drive?

Sorry for the "20 Questions".
There were no disks in the drive but the problem is fixed. I called Apple Care and ended up reinstalling the software on the 2 CDs. Works fine now. I wonder what cause the problem though.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Good news! Welcome to Mac-Forums!
QUOTE Thanks
Lazarus

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
Mactime

Mactime is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo

I hope your problem doesnt appear again. welcome aboard, this forum has plenty of info regarding your apple.
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

I had the same problem whenever I started up my macbook. The problem was I did not do the software updates on my computer(They are weekly reminders that pop up) and when a firmware download poped up i didn't get it and I had that problem. If that happens reset your p-ram by doing apple option p r. Hold it down and it should make a loud beep and start up as normal. Then when your logged in go to apple- software update-and download any new software. Be sure to check for software updates a lot and I hope you don't have another problem!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« new MacBook user...questions | Mice and Trackballs.......... »