New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - A small rant about the macbook's design.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Arichards

Arichards is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.

Has anyone noticed how sharp the edge of the macbook around the outer casing where the screen meets with the keyboard section. It really starts to irritate the undersides of your wrists when you are typing on it. I had to buy a keyboard beanie wrist rest so I wouldn't have to have my wrists all marked up.
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

Doesnt bother me.... but i've seen a few people put black electrical tape along the edges or try and sand it down. Doesnt bother me because my wrists tont rest on the case that much....
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD

I haven't noticed it causing me any trouble. Perhaps yours is abnormal...

White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/
QUOTE Thanks
dadsgravy

dadsgravy has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4

Yeah that mother is sharp. Ya got to build up a macbook callous! If you look, after a couple of days you'll get a skin streak down where the snooze light is. It kind of looks like some one wiped a bugger on your mac!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I noticed it when I first got my Macbook, but it wasn't really that annoying. I don't even notice it anymore.

Then again, I've been known to have rather thick skin, so I could just be special :black:
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

I noticed when I first got my macbook - I wouldn't say it was sharp - just not very comfortable - but don't really notice it now. Of course if we all typed how we should then our wrists shouldn't be that low anyway
QUOTE Thanks
Fromasta Flex

Fromasta Flex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone

Hm...weird....I don't find the edges to be bothersome at all and my wrists don't even touch the sides when I type.
QUOTE Thanks
chiffonhead

chiffonhead is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro

funny you mention this. I just got a new MacBook Sunday and I noticed this within a couple hours. it's tolerable and I suspect I won't even notice it within a couple weeks.
QUOTE Thanks
Arichards

Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.

hm, well, it bugs the heck out of me when i'm writing my long papers in the library or another room where I don't have my keyboard ergopad thingy.
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

interesting the things people decide to complain about these days

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
jacefox

jacefox is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD

I just bought my Macbook Thursday and I do not see any real sharpness to the sides of the case. Of course, I may just be special. But I have not had any real problems with typing. I love the new Macbook keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arichards View Post
hm, well, it bugs the heck out of me when i'm writing my long papers in the library or another room where I don't have my keyboard ergopad thingy.
Phone apple, it's probably more sharp than it's supposed to be.

White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/
QUOTE Thanks
optikinescant

optikinescant is on a distinguished road

Hate to be a negative nancy, but I have to say, you're doing it wrong, I don't think you should be resting your wrists on the ledge when you type - ergonomics or something like that.

++optikinescant // macboook c2d 2.0ghz
QUOTE Thanks
Arichards

Quote:
Originally Posted by optikinescant View Post
Hate to be a negative nancy, but I have to say, you're doing it wrong, I don't think you should be resting your wrists on the ledge when you type - ergonomics or something like that.
You're probably right, I'm going to check the manual to see what it says. Maybe it's a good thing that it agitates my wrists haha. I understand this is probably a stupid thing to post about. But nevertheless, I felt it was a significant flaw and wanted to throw it out there.
QUOTE Thanks
chiffonhead

chiffonhead is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arichards View Post
You're probably right, I'm going to check the manual to see what it says. Maybe it's a good thing that it agitates my wrists haha. I understand this is probably a stupid thing to post about. But nevertheless, I felt it was a significant flaw and wanted to throw it out there.
it's not stupid. it's obviously something several people have noticed and that's the whole purpose of a message board...to share thoughts, etc.

I was glad to see your post since I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed it.

i will rise up with fists!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cases | Cloning internal hd for replacement? »