New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - mouse clicker noises?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dankie44

dankie44 is an unknown at this point

today it came to my attention that my mouse clicker on my macbook makes noises..
like when i push it down it doesnt evenly make contact with the bottom part
and on top of that it makes a funny clicking sound..
i dont know if anyone has had this problem, just wondering
- danny
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

There was another member here who had a similar concern. This is definitely not normal behavior for a Macbook and you should get it checked out at your local Apple store.
QUOTE Thanks
scifone

scifone is on a distinguished road

Mine is doing the same thing. Its worse if I press the button closer to any of the edges as opposed to the middle of the button.
QUOTE Thanks
jacefox

jacefox is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD

I just bought my Macbook and I'm not having any mouse clicking noises. I agree with Kash - call Apple and have them check it out.
QUOTE Thanks
johncarvill

johncarvill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
There was another member here who had a similar concern. This is definitely not normal behavior for a Macbook and you should get it checked out at your local Apple store.
Yes, I noticed what I can best describe as a sort of 'pre-click' on my Macbook's trackpad button. Here's the thread:

Macbook Trackpad Button 'Pre-click' problem?

I took my Macbook in to see a 'Genuis' at the Apple Store, who confirmed that there is a very faint noise when you tap your finger on the button, not hard enough to trigger a click. Which means when you do trigger a click, you get that faint pre-click first. He seemed confident that it isn't a problem, and even suggested that maybe "they all do that and I just haven't noticed before."

Hmmmmmmmmmm. well, he took a note of my Macbook's serial number so at least if it does become a problem there's a record that I did enquire about it early on.

Cheers
John
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

AnthonyJK will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD

I had this same problem took it into the apple store they replaced my whole keyboard and trackpad :black:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Refresh battery status | Hard drive format »