New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Timbuk2 Commuter Large, does it fit MBP 15'

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

soyboy

soyboy is on a distinguished road

Ok so I have just made the switch and I love my new MBP 15". Now I would like to get I nice bag for it. I have read the threads and I am trying to decide between the Marware Sportfolio Deluxe and the Timbuk2 Commuter. I like them both but I kind of like the more laid back look of the Timbuk2.

Anyway, after reading the threads and looking at Timbuk2's website, I am still not sure that my MBP 15" will fit comfortably into the Commuter, large size, bag. I would kind of hate to have to get the XL as I don't need that much space. From reading some of the posts, it seems that the large might be too tight.

Does anyone own the Timbuk2 Commuter in the large size? If so, does the MBP 15" fit? I guess i should just make my life simpler and purchase the Marware. But I do kink of like the Timbuk2.

Any info is appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

mine fit in my timbuk2 track, inside an incase fine.

i think the track is smaller than what youre looking @

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

is this the one you're talking about? if so, the answer would seem to be yes. otherwise, they should have interior dimensions you can use as a guide. if not, i'm sure a quick call to a company like timbuk2 will get you your answer with no problems.

Black TIMBUK2 Carrying Case.

i've got to pick up the shoulder pad for my medium black messenger - i may pick up a new wallet too!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
soyboy

soyboy is on a distinguished road

Eric:

I saw that one on here during my search. I think that one is a slightly different model and is likely the xl size. I know mine would fit in the XL size as that is setup for the 17" MBP. But that bag is larger overall and I would prefer to avoid it.

I am interested in the large size as it is a closer fit. According to Timbuk2, the large is just slightly shorter than the 14" width of the MBP. However, it seems that some folks use this bag anyway. I am curious as to just how tight it is. I like like the bag, and would prefer the smaller size (large vs xl), but I don't want to have to wrestle the computer in and out of the bag. I wanted to try to get someones real world experience as customer service might not actually have ever used the bag.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Hard drive question | Need new HD and OS for PowerBook G3 Series »