New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Macbook - Black or White?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JeXus

JeXus is on a distinguished road

this doesint matter about specs. this is just to find out which color the mac-forums community likes best.
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

It doesn't matter if you're black or white.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Actually I have to ask myself that question soon. I'll need a MacNook for college, but I want a white one. But I still need fair performance, which comes only in black. So I guess I'll trade off some processor speed for the sake of a MacBook that matches my iPod and iMac.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
narf1899

narf1899 is a jewel in the roughnarf1899 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450

just get the high end white model, yogi, u can get everything the black one has for less dough... the black ones show grease too yuck

iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
Powermac G4 dual 450
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.26 4GBRAM iPhone6

white white white:blind:
QUOTE Thanks
dadsgravy

dadsgravy has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4

I agree. A couple hundred extra to have black is ridiculous. I'm just bummed that when i bought my white in july 06' I forgot to tell them that I wanted the 80gig HD. But it didn't matter when I got home and opened the box.
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

I got the 2ghz white but would have gone for the black if it was glossy.
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi View Post
Actually I have to ask myself that question soon. I'll need a MacNook for college, but I want a white one. But I still need fair performance, which comes only in black. So I guess I'll trade off some processor speed for the sake of a MacBook that matches my iPod and iMac.
If you get the latest models, they are identical in performance, processor speed and RAM The black comes with a larger hard disk.

I have both. They're the same speed, just one is more difficult to find in the dark.
QUOTE Thanks
DVaris223

DVaris223 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone

All about personal preference. Too bad my preference is beautiful delicious luscious brushed aluminum :headphone lol

QUOTE Thanks
dadsgravy

dadsgravy has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVaris223 View Post
All about personal preference. Too bad my preference is beautiful delicious luscious brushed aluminum :headphone lol
I have that preference to. It's just unfortunate that the extra $1000 preferred to spend it self on rent and utilities. Stupid money!:radioacti
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Black baby!

So Raiders like!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Black all the way!!! White doesn't stand a chance! :black:
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i've had a few black notebooks already. why would i want my mac to be black too?

my name is eric and i own, and prefer, a white macbook.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Mactime

Mactime is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo

i agree

White is the way to go if you are buying a Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
jaster

jaster will become famous soon enough

Gotta be the Apple Iconic White. Black looks greasy. White is Apple's signature color. My wife has a black hp laptop and a black dell desktop at work, and a black blackberry, and my black cellphone, wow now that I look around, my TV is black too, so is my house phone. What's white though? Only my beautiful Macbook!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bought Macbook yesterday - trackpad annoyance | Macbook problem »