New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - New Macbook, check it out

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

uber_g

uber_g is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83 C2D.1gb Ram

Hello Forum! i purchased a new Macbook from apple, and let me say that i love every bit of it, the screen, keyboard, superdrive and of course.. OSX

ive been a PC use for about 10 years, my first computer was a pentium 2 wih windows 95 and ive gone up so far,

Since the Whole vista thing i made my choice to go with a Mac, why ? because Vista is Horrible IMHO to buggy, took up Alot of my Ram and overall the Feel to it was "ehh"

My Macbook has everything i could want on a computer, Powerfull CPU, Great OS ! and overall portablity .

here are my specs. 1.83 core 2 duo, 1gb of ram, 60gb hard drive and intel integrated graphics

here r some pics

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2777059yz6.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0870538si5.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6247331pq4.jpg

Any input would be great !

also im looking for good free software that i can use for my Macbook

thanks guys !!!:dive:
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

Nice machine looks like mine I am sure you are going to enjoy it, I know I do.
QUOTE Thanks
uber_g

Thanks , its been running great so far

i noticed u have an iMac, how are those ? i was looking to pic one up for my family
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

welcome uber g!

good luck with your new macbook!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

You fool, your never supposed to take the toy out of it's original packaging! It decreases the value!!!

J/K, I just got done watching The 40 Year Old Virgin, so I had to say it. :mac:

The pics look great, I'm happy for you!
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

Congratulations Uber g! And welcome to Mac-Forums. Here's a list of free software (with links) someone posted here last week -

Click!

You could also try this too "A Guide to OS X Software for Switchers" -

Click!
QUOTE Thanks
brianj08

brianj08 will become famous soon enough

i love my macbook very much and now my windows desktop just randomly hit the tombstone this weekend. my mac is still going strong. you should upgrade to 2 gb of ram you will notice a big difference in overall system performance

white Macbook 1.83 GHz Core Duo/ 2 GB ram/ 60 GB HDD/ Wireless bluetooth mouse/ JBL Speakers
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Welcome to the forum Uber g!
Glad you love your new Macbook. As you use it you'll love it even more because you'll find even more great features. The imac would be a nice purchase for your family. I've only had mine less than 3months and it's very awesome!
QUOTE Thanks
uber_g

thanks for your input !! i watched aquateen hunger force on it on the video quality i have to say is superb

im gettin more ram later so i can really experience this macbook

again thanks for all your input guys =]
QUOTE Thanks
DVaris223

DVaris223 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone

Congratulations on just purchasing the machine that will change the way you think about computers [;

QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure what else to say but: Congratulations!
QUOTE Thanks
uber_g

=] ! thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

hmmm, kind of looks like mine as well

Congrats on the very good purchase - I hope you'll be happy with it - I know I love mine - OSX is so nice and easy to use - problems seem to sort themselves out (and by problems I mean 'How do I do this' type of things rather than actual problems) and when you can't figure it out yourself this forum is great for filling in the blanks.

Welcome aboard uber_g
QUOTE Thanks
dankie44

dankie44 is an unknown at this point

nothing like opening the mac box for the first time..
the smell the feel ahhhh
its a good feeling
- Danny
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« new to macs/need help | iSight is showing GREEN »