New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Battery Power

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ashcrow

How long does your Powerbook battery last? How long is it supose to?
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

5-6 hours?
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

I'm curious too. Anybody know?

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

I would guess around the amount of a iBook.. but depending on usage it would be higher or lower.. couldnt be crappy or people would complain.
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

i have a 1ghz ti-book and i get about 4:30 - 5:30 hours depending on the brightness of the screen and whether im using the airport card and / or superdrive at the same time. I bought an extra battery when i bought my laptop, and i have yet to need it. The battery life is amazing compared to my sony laptop which i used to use which got at tops 2:30 with 2 batteries.
QUOTE Thanks
elvis2000

I'm getting nothing like those sort of time on my superdrive 15" PB, I'm lucky if i get over 2.5 hours
Usually have the Airportcard running, but that about it...maybe itunes.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I agree.. w/ my PB I get only around 2-2.5 or so, but I have apache running in the background.. which really shouldnt do much.. I have cron, which again shouldnt do much.. When I run off of battery I close any programs that I am not using and dim the screen.. it would absolutely be awesome to get 5-6 hours of battery life.. please tell me how!
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
I agree.. w/ my PB I get only around 2-2.5 or so, but I have apache running in the background.. which really shouldnt do much.. I have cron, which again shouldnt do much.. When I run off of battery I close any programs that I am not using and dim the screen.. it would absolutely be awesome to get 5-6 hours of battery life.. please tell me how!
I usually get 4:30 - 5 hours, its not too hard actually, I guess i got good batteries or something, but i only run the airport card when needed, keep the speakers off, kill off everything i dont use, and most importantly, dim the screen to about 3 bars. It works great for privacy as well as keeping battery usage down.
QUOTE Thanks
elvis2000

Just been playing around, with energy saver options.
If you set the Processor Performace to "Reduced", and set the sleep options to kick in early that will give you an extra 1-1.5 hours.
With these options I can get around 4 hours.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I have it set with all those performance tweaks, yet I still can only get the amount I said. But then again I am talking about continuous use.. which the Processor Performance set to "Reduced" should not matter, since it never gets to that point. I still have it set that way when I am running off of battery though just incase it's not continuous use.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

i average 3 - 3.5 hours on mine. the biggest 2 things too get the longest battery life is turning off airport and lowering the dimness on your screen
QUOTE Thanks
greylnx

I usually pull ~3.5-4 hours on mine. But, I'm usually not doing much more than AIM conversations and browsing webpages when I'm on battery power. I don't use airport/bluetooth, I keep the screen quite dim, and I turn off the speakers unless I happen to be listening to music or doing anything else that requires sound.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ibook g3 366 40gb 320mb ram osx 10.2.6 - worth? | iBook - Need some help, going to sell it »