Black or White (discoloration, scratches...)
    I am getting a new macbook soon and have no idea which to get. I really never thought about getting a black Macbook. If I were to be receiving the same laptop (spec wise) is there any difference with the black vs. the white? Has anybody experienced any issues with the black macbok scratching or discoloration with it?

Anyone have a black one?

Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    The discoloration issues for the white models has been fixed. Other than dirt, they should stay white now.

The black ones stay black, but tend to show fingerprints very well.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10

hmmm. i read on cnet that black one does not show fingerprints. interesting

Specs:
    MacBook Pro, iPhone
    It's personal preference basically. Considering you pay a premium for the Blackbook, go for the white Macbook. You can add a few extra things on there for the cost of just having the black case.

Specs:
    13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank966 View Post
    hmmm. i read on cnet that black one does not show fingerprints. interesting
    My wife has a black one, and if she eats potato chips or french fries while using her Mac, fingerprints do show up!

However, she meticulously cleans it frequently so they don't stay around for very long.

Specs:
    White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
    I have the white one and a friend of mine has the black. I chose the white because of how badly the finger prints show on the Black model. I can't stand having a dirty computer... The white one does show some discoloration after some regular use (as any white computer would) but it's fairly easy to clean.

I also like that the white is glossy whereas the black is matte.
    It's just personal preference really.
    White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/

Specs:
    Macbook Pro, Mabook Air, Ipad Mini Retina, Ipad Air2, Airport Time Capsule, 2x Iphone 6
    I have a white and saw a black at the apple store. I didn't like the way the keys looked on the black. They just looked greasy and shiney, rather than the crisp clean white. I asked the apple worker if that was normal, she said yes. They clean it nightly and I stopped by around 10am so it hadn't seen much use that morning. I like the way the black one looks from the outside but once you open it up the white ones look much better in my opinion. Besides, every comp manufacturer uses black cases. When you see a white one people immediately think APPLE (well, sometimes Sony).

jamesx
    i got the white one and as long as you have semi- clean hands before using it, it should stay nice...to stop it from getting that shiny look where you rest your palms... i bought the Marware stick on pads that the apple store sells for $20. it seemed like a lot for stickers but the keyboard cover also douples as a screen cleaner. i think it is worth the money. here is a link. they make them for macbook and macbook pro in white or black.http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...lm=TJ751LL%2FA

Specs:
    White Macbook - Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HD
    I completely agree with Jaster. The black one looks sharp from the outside, but the white one looks a lot nicer once you open it up. Overall, I like the the white model better than the black one (I just purchased a white one). But it's all personal preference.

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
    I would get a white one, if you take a black one in for repair at the apple store they tend to be a little racist! Its all personal pref, doesnt matter.
    MacMania55

All great responses. I will most likely get the white one and upgrade some specs. But I agree with Jaster that when you see white you think Apple so that is kind of cool

Thread Information