Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crucial Memory

Specs:
    2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
    Crucial Memory
    I bought a stick of 1gb crucial memory for my MBP about 8 months ago. last week I started having kernal panics and random restarts, and traced the problem to the memory....i wanted to take the time to tell all of you that I am extremely impressed with Crucial customer service. I was on the phone for all of 5 minutes, and they are express shipping a new module today, free of charge. They cost a little more than some of the cheaper stuff....but they have some of the best RAM, and if anything goes wrong, its good to know you wont get screwed.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
    Man that's good to hear. I installed 2 gigs of Crucial ram a couple months ago. So far it's working great.

I also installed 2 X 1Gb RAM that I purchased from Crucial so that story is music to my ears, sixslinger!

Thanks for passing your experience on to us here!

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
    That's great to hear as I just installed a 1 gig stick of Crucial memory in my MBP.
    My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
    Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    You are not alone in your experience. I swear by Crucial and haven't purchased memory from any other source since Micron first started their retail arm.

I once purchased a 512MB module for my desktop, then several months later, purchased a second 512MB module. I noticed that my motherboard didn't detect the configuration as dual-channel capable, and emailed Crucial support. Within minutes, Crucial replied back saying that the modules weren't identical, so they would be sending me out a new one (free of charge) and with a mailer so that I could send back one of the two modules free of charge as well.

My problem was resolved within 2 business days - can't beat that for turnaround.

as soon as i get my mbp I'll be adding another 1g of memory to it... now i know who to go with! thanks

Specs:
    I ordered a matched pair of 1GB modules from Crucial today, which means that I'll be putting up my Apple OEM (Nanya brand) 1GB module for sale on eBay - PM me if anyone is interested. The new stuff should be here on Friday, the 23rd.

Specs:
    MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
    I am sure this question has been asked, I remember reading something about it. If I wanted to upgrade (not likely at this point) my ram from 2g to 3g, would I have to add 2 2gig modules making it 4g, but only having the ability to use 3g of it?

If so, would this damage/hurt the MBP at all? I could have sworn I already read this somewhere, but wanted to reconfirm. Thanks.

Specs:
    do you have a core duo or core 2 duo?

Specs:
    MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
    Core 2 duo... well.. officially I should receive it tomorrow! I am kinda nervous.. what if it doesn't like me? what happens if it see's my PC desktop? Will it be jealous?

But ya, its a MBP Core 2 Duo and as you can tell I am a happy.

Specs:
    congrats.....your gonna love it. Your best bet on the RAM upgrade is to get a 1gb stick and a 2gb stick.....matching RAM doesnt really matter in the MBP, since it has separate video RAM. Not sure what would happen if you stuck 4gb in there......

Specs:
    Mac Mini & MB Pro
    Anyone know where I can get the Crucial memory for a decent price? I'm looking for 1gb X 2 for my macbook pro.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown284 View Post
    Anyone know where I can get the Crucial memory for a decent price? I'm looking for 1gb X 2 for my macbook pro.
    You'd want to buy it directly from Crucial.com, other vendors carry it, but in my experience they usually come out about even with shipping.

Specs:
    2GB matched pairs showed up today, everything works great. I'm now able to allocate my Ubuntu and Windows virtual machines a full 1GB at a time with no slowdown on the host desktop, it's awesome and highly recommended.

I can't say that I notice any difference in performance given the dual-channel configuration, however....

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I ordered a matched pair of 1GB modules from Crucial today, which means that I'll be putting up my Apple OEM (Nanya brand) 1GB module for sale on eBay - PM me if anyone is interested. The new stuff should be here on Friday, the 23rd.
    What's the difference? I have my OEM memory with Kingston and everything seems kosher. What benefits would you gain from a matched pair? I don't see it necessary unless you plan on overclocking.

Speaking of memory, I checked out Kingston.com and was flabbergasted to learn for a 2GB module, it costs almost $900. Is that the norm? I'd love to bump it to 3GB but not at those prices.

Thread Information