Thread: Ram that works

Ram that works
    No one was answering me in the other Ram thread so I figured no one looked at it anymore, I was just wondering if you guys would think this ram would work fine in my MBP Core Duo. It's pretty cheap so I didn't know if I should go with this brand.

Denver Colorado
    2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
    newegg is known for good prices.. I have bought ram from them for my PB and have never had an issue.. Its been in my PB for 12 months now.. So my personal experence with newegg so far has been good.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007

Yea I think I'll just go ahead and get it. I read a lot of reviews on it and there were a lot of Macbook/Macbook Pro owners that said it works flawlessly!

Quote Originally Posted by todd51 View Post
    No one was answering me in the other Ram thread so I figured no one looked at it anymore,
    Nobody has answered you yet, but you only posted that less than three hours before you started a new thread. You have to give people some time to answer, my friend. Forums aren't a place for immediate respsonses. :black:

Since you got an answer, I will remove your other post in that thread.
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Hamilton College
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    I use that same ram in my macbook (It was $30 more when I got it) and it works fine
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
    In my MBP manual, it says DDR SO-DIMM, 1.25 inch or smaller, 512MB or 1GB, 200-pin, and PC2-5300 DDR@ 667 MHz Type Ram. Therefore this ram should work. If you get it let us know how it works out. I've never heard of "G.Skill" do they make quality products?

When I asked about my first ram purchase a lot of people said "you get what you pay for." So I got crucial ram for ~$105 from newegg.

2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
    Cheap RAM is risky....if your gonna buy it, make sure you have an iron clad return policy

Well so far it's been one day and it hasn't even been boxed and shipped yet.

Finally it shipped! I can't wait, I've never experienced 1Gb of ram before in a personal computer, let alone 1.5Gb.

Hills of Central Massachusetts
    MBP| 2.33 15" |2 Gig|320 GiG 7200 rpm |256 MB X1600
    G Skill
    My experience with G Skill ram has been good , but this is being used in a pc. The one thing I found kind of wierd is that the chips were actually manufactured in 1999 or so the program I used said. It still works flawlessly in my gaming PC. No problems what so ever.

Good, I'm sure it should work fine, there were reviews from Macbook and MBP owners on the newegg site.

North NJ
    i dont have no mac's
    thing to remember when you purchase ram: it must have a lifetime warantee...not because it goes bad but because that means it is a reputable company that is selling it.

also you have to remember that you need the correct ram but that is a given. i have heard that g.skill is pretty decent and reliable. i am a kingston guy myself....i own about 10 gigs of ram across 5 different computers and it is all kingston
    MoTM honor roll...
    i dont remember

Well just got done installing my new 1Gb stick of G-Skill memory. So far it's working flawlessly (knock on wood). The Mac booted up just fine and OSX recognized it!

Thread Information