New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Ram that works

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

todd51

No one was answering me in the other Ram thread so I figured no one looked at it anymore, I was just wondering if you guys would think this ram would work fine in my MBP Core Duo. It's pretty cheap so I didn't know if I should go with this brand.

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16820231069
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

newegg is known for good prices.. I have bought ram from them for my PB and have never had an issue.. Its been in my PB for 12 months now.. So my personal experence with newegg so far has been good.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Yea I think I'll just go ahead and get it. I read a lot of reviews on it and there were a lot of Macbook/Macbook Pro owners that said it works flawlessly!
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd51 View Post
No one was answering me in the other Ram thread so I figured no one looked at it anymore,
Nobody has answered you yet, but you only posted that less than three hours before you started a new thread. You have to give people some time to answer, my friend. Forums aren't a place for immediate respsonses. :black:

Since you got an answer, I will remove your other post in that thread.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I use that same ram in my macbook (It was $30 more when I got it) and it works fine

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
MacGuy18

MacGuy18 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme

In my MBP manual, it says DDR SO-DIMM, 1.25 inch or smaller, 512MB or 1GB, 200-pin, and PC2-5300 DDR@ 667 MHz Type Ram. Therefore this ram should work. If you get it let us know how it works out. I've never heard of "G.Skill" do they make quality products?

When I asked about my first ram purchase a lot of people said "you get what you pay for." So I got crucial ram for ~$105 from newegg.
--
MacGuy18
QUOTE Thanks
sixslinger

sixslinger will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM

Cheap RAM is risky....if your gonna buy it, make sure you have an iron clad return policy
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Well so far it's been one day and it hasn't even been boxed and shipped yet.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Finally it shipped! I can't wait, I've never experienced 1Gb of ram before in a personal computer, let alone 1.5Gb.
QUOTE Thanks
wrathlon

wrathlon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP| 2.33 15" |2 Gig|320 GiG 7200 rpm |256 MB X1600

My experience with G Skill ram has been good , but this is being used in a pc. The one thing I found kind of wierd is that the chips were actually manufactured in 1999 or so the program I used said. It still works flawlessly in my gaming PC. No problems what so ever.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Good, I'm sure it should work fine, there were reviews from Macbook and MBP owners on the newegg site.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

thing to remember when you purchase ram: it must have a lifetime warantee...not because it goes bad but because that means it is a reputable company that is selling it.

also you have to remember that you need the correct ram but that is a given. i have heard that g.skill is pretty decent and reliable. i am a kingston guy myself....i own about 10 gigs of ram across 5 different computers and it is all kingston
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Well just got done installing my new 1Gb stick of G-Skill memory. So far it's working flawlessly (knock on wood). The Mac booted up just fine and OSX recognized it!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« VGA monitor with a macbook/mac mini? | MB Pro RAM »