New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - help plz

Thread Closed

mrchezzy

mrchezzy is on a distinguished road

well im not sure where to put this so if i post it wrong plz let a mod move it to the right spot...........thanks.......

well here it goes i bout this ibook g4 from a dude in the street and i am gussing
he took it from a school pc it got 3 log ins docsomething and then student and then techer i will like to know how can i format it and put in os x if i can its a ibook 12.1 1.2ghz 512/30/combo/apx- i do got a mac os x cd version 10.0 in hand and i did try to do the c thing at start up and no luck anyhelp is welcome and thanks

ps this is my frist mac
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

You can't just pop in any random CD. To reinstall OS X, you need the original disc, or a disc that's made for iBook G4. I believe the iBook G4, when released, already was in the panther era (anyone correct me here).. so you need at least OS 10.3 - which will be on that original disc.

BTW, punctuation marks are your friend.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
MacHeadCase

By buying this from this guy:

1- you just encouraged theft

2- if the school reports the laptop as stolen, you won't be able to take it anywhere to get it fixed as it will be on a list

3- never buy a Mac without its install disks.
tastyshoe

tastyshoe is on a distinguished road

Learn to write.
Don't buy stolen gear.
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Illegal activity is not allowed here.

Good bye.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Thread Closed

« Hard drive Sounds? | Actual Battery Charge »