New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Trackpad issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stevo-m

stevo-m is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb

I'm having a bit of bother with my trackpad. It seems to be quite slow and not always responsive. I find it a bit odd because I've just installed Windows XP via Boot Camp, and the trackpad works perfectly in Windows. Only when I return to OS X it starts to become quite awkward to move the cursor on-screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
stevo-m

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb

I should add that I have already had a look in the trackpad settings and deselected 'ignore accidental trackpad input' (as I read elsewhere that this could be a factor in having problems with it). Other than that I have found little documentation of anyone else having trouble with it.
QUOTE Thanks
Bluesmudge

Bluesmudge will become famous soon enough

Do you ever notice that your left thumb is touching the top of the trackpad when you are using it?
I have noticed that the large size of the macbook pro trackpads causes me to accidentally rest my left thumb on it, causing odd trackpad behaviors similar to what you are discribing.
This happens for me, mostly because I only use Windows for FPS gaming, which has a different standard hand position than typing. I think this is what causes me to have more troubles in MacOSX than Windows. Since I realized this I have trained myself to keep my left hand clear of the trackpad unless I need it.
Hope that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

Bluesmudge makes a great point, as I suffer from the same situation. Not that big of a deal, but sometimes I do get a few times where my trackpad doesn't want to work for me.

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
stevo-m

Thanks for your replies, guys. I'm not sure that this is the case with me, as I was noticing it happening even while reading your messages, and I was just using my right hand with my left hand nowhere near the keyboard or the trackpad.

Can anyone recommend the best settings to have on for the trackpad?

Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Can't say it's necessarily the best settings, but these are how my MBP is set up.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Battery charge | Weird Superdrive Problems »