New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Firewire not working..."not available because Firewirekprintf

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jeffd

jeffd is on a distinguished road

My firewire is not working, never has as far as I know. I have two firewire 400 external drives a Western Digital "My Book" 320 GB 4 days old and an Acomdata about a year old. Both work fine using USB but are not detected at all using firewire ports.
When I go to System Profiler and look at the firewire info it says "Normal firewire services are not available because Firewirekprintf is loaded"I don't have a clue how to fix this...
I'm using a Macbook Pro C2D about 2 months old all software upgrades are installed and no other hardware or software is installed. I did a fresh install and have not made any changes except to run software update. BTW it was doing the same thing before the updates as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
QUOTE Thanks
podbay

podbay is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.1

For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem with my MacBook 2.1, which I purchased in late June 2007. I have a 160GB Acomdata drive, and it won't recognize it when I plug it in via the Firewire connection. I don't get it, I don't understand why it won't work. When I check Firewire in the System Profiler, it gives me "Firewire Bus: Maximum Speed: Up to 400 Mb/sec".

Other than that, I'm stumped. No idea why the Firewire won't recognize my Acomdata drive.

- Randy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OWC 4GB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz DIMM Upgrade Kit | From US to EU »