New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Macbook protective stickers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rotary

rotary is an unknown at this point

Anyone use them? As most of you probably know, the macbooks scratch very easily. I'm looking to buy a protective sticker to put on the outer lid to prevent any visible damage.

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APPMCBF.html

That is a little expensive. Anyone know of other ones that hold up and aren't too expensive?
QUOTE Thanks
Mactime

Mactime is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo

i have sheild zone on my white mac, an excellent product, comes pre cut and very protective i put my mac in my bag with the rest of my stuff and there is no scratches on it.
If u do get it when u install it make sure you have good lighting in the room and dont wear any clothes that shed. I was wearing a black sweater and it decided to shed lint while i was puting the sheild zone on i have a few black lint here an there that are noticeable on a WHITE macbook.

If your mac book is black which has a mat finish, the sheild zone will make it shiny ie you will loose the mat finish which to some people thats one of the reasons they got the black mac book. So if that is ur case and u like the mat finish try something else.

there is a similar product i think called best skin which is slightly cheaper, search the forum i know it has been mentioned a couple of times .

hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
Roodki

Roodki is on a distinguished road

Here's one of the cheaper versions.
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...2-Total/Detail
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

I also have shield zone on my white MacBook, Well worth the money without a doubt, They protect the Macbook and at the same time don't detract from the clean design.

I also had the problem with the lint but thats because I thought that some of the bubbles that were stuck under the shield wouldn't come out so I re applied it and got some lint under it in the process. I was surprised but even the large bubbles disappeared after a few days, and I am talking the size a of quarter
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

The InvisiShields are supposed to be the best. They use it on helicopter blades in the military. People have tried to stab the shield with a pen, and they couldn't puncture it.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
NikBhat

NikBhat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram

InvisiShield is definitely fantastic. Well worth the money. But as mentioned above, applying it can be a bit of a chore, as to get a really clean finish you have to be pretty precise.

:headphone
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« extra batteries for powerbook G4? | Hard-drive always spinning? »