Thread: Keyboard

How do I remove the keys? The whole thing or just a key at a time, is it even possible? I have a bunch of tiny hairs and lent and.... misc? That is to strenious to get with anything I need the keys out of my way.

(I have the newest model of the Powerbook the combodrive... not super with backlit)

Get a can of compressed air from the computer store...this will last you a while and take care of the hairs, crumbs and things like this that dirty up key boards and other spaces. Plus you will not have to worry about breaking a key off. The iBook keyboard comes off quite easily...but not the powerbook.

if it is like the ibook keys, you can actually pull them off it is a little risky,but it works.
    I do it all the time, on my old ibook always works. everyso often a piece will come off,but i can fix it. i would not do it unles you really have to,but it can be done. I just did it now.

Its not really that risky, they come off very easily and go on easily, the tricky part is getting the plunger mechanism back on there. There is a detailed description of how to do it in the knowlegebase as I did this a couple weeks ago. I would first try the canned air first to see if that works though..

Thread Information