New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - I think i shorted out my PowerBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

firsteggprez

firsteggprez is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook

Well i was attempting to fix my old bent up power cord and that didn't end up working. So i went out and got one of those no name brand PowerBook chargers online. My laptop will not turn on and the battery will not charge. My dad was trying to tell me that it was the chargers fault. (He was the one who wanted to tinker around with the charger instead of spending the $40) He was saying that it was providing enough amps. Lets say my dad is wrong (highly likely) and my lap top shorted out. What can i do?

Edit: this is the charger i got. http://www.macally.com/spec/specialt...ies/psac4.html

-Chapman Film School: Class of 2012-
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsteggprez View Post
Well i was attempting to fix my old bent up power cord and that didn't end up working. So i went out and got one of those no name brand PowerBook chargers online. My laptop will not turn on and the battery will not charge. My dad was trying to tell me that it was the chargers fault. (He was the one who wanted to tinker around with the charger instead of spending the $40) He was saying that it was providing enough amps. Lets say my dad is wrong (highly likely) and my lap top shorted out. What can i do?

Edit: this is the charger i got. http://www.macally.com/spec/specialt...ies/psac4.html
I think your father is wrong.. I have that EXACT same charger and have used it on three different powerbooks and have never had an issue like yours..

"Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on"

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300552

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
EYPUFF

EYPUFF is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive

try it w/ the battery out..

PowerBook G4. iLove it.
QUOTE Thanks
jaster

jaster will become famous soon enough

That exact model charger worked just fine with my ibook. I would't say McCally is a no-name charger. Thats a pretty decent company with some nice products.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Please help, PB keyboard related issues | Scratched Macbook »