New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Macky 911! Didn't want to wake up from sleep!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Ok, this just happened and I'm alittle freaked out. I closed my macbook. Ten minutes later I come back I open the lid and nothing!! Didn't wake up from sleep but the light was still "sleeping" I pressed the power button and nothing! I unplugged the ac adapter and pressed the power button again. It finally came back, I got the grey screen and then my desktop came back but it was grey!! And then it did something...there were little bars towards the bottom like if something was loading. Then it went back to color...all seemed fine and then I noticed my keyboard was not responding!! I restarted again using my trackpad (which is working fine) and now everything is back to normal.

What just happened???

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

did you try just hitting the spacebar or any other key on the keyboard when you opened it?

sometimes this works for me if it doesn't wake itself on open.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold

Yup, I tried that and nothing...Well, everything seems to be fine now...weird.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i've only had a couple weird incidents like that. holding the power down until it shut off and a restart has always fixed it (so far).

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Yes, that did the trick...I hope there was no damage done. I don't think so, I even did the Apple Hardware test and it said everything was fine.

QUOTE Thanks
iSebastianGrey

iSebastianGrey has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.

The first part of your problem was an odd bit of deja vu. Fortunately, you were able to get yours up and running again. I hope you don't have to send yours in!

Everything popular is wrong.

~Oscar Wilde
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

How weird?

my MB went to sleep and didn't want to wake up...hit the spacebar and nothing. Touched the trackpad and nothing. So I held the power button and it turned off. I turned it back on and then when I was back at my desktop it said that Mac OS X had quit unexpectedly.

Every now and then Macky has these brain farts. Any idea what happened? Should I be concerned? Everything seems normal now.

I'm definitely buying apple care!

QUOTE Thanks
jamesx

maybe it was really tired... mine did this too once but has been fine ever since...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just purchased a 2GB Ram chip :) | Help. MacBook Pro severely damaged. What do i do? »