New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - glossy vs matte screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

indapino22

indapino22 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" c2d mbp 2gb ram 120gb hdd

this might be a newb question but here goes..

will it say on the box or anywhere if the screen is glossy or matte??

ill be buying my mbp from compusa because they have better finance options and im able to get a lower price on the 15.4" mbp with 2.33ghz. and i do not want a glossy screen because i dont want a glare.

thanks guys!

EDIT TO ADD: i didnt want to make a new thread for this so ill just add it here

where can i get a sleeve for the 15.4" mbp that would have a compartment for the charger? i dont want a bag just a sleeve so i can keep the mbp and charger together at all times
QUOTE Thanks
dayal

dayal is on a distinguished road

just ask them whether they are offering either the gloss or matte mbp

|| MACBOOK PRO 2.16GHZ ||
iNTEL CORE DUO 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB HD || WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM
QUOTE Thanks
indapino22

i will..but i dont think that the guys that work there are all too bright..so i was looking to see if there was some kind of indication on the box or anywhere else
QUOTE Thanks
cad2blender

cad2blender is on a distinguished road

As for the sleve I don't think there are any I think there just too slim for what you want. I myself have this one it preety good, I have my earphones, AC charger, mouse, extension cord, some papers, remote, ethernet cable, and what am I missing ... oh yeah the MBP. It has tons of places to put your stuff. It also has about 1/2 inch padding on both side to hug the laptop. As for the glossy and matte, mine is a matte. It didn't say anything in the box so I'm guessing if it desn't say anything in the box it is matte.

Link:clicky
QUOTE Thanks
indapino22

thank you c2b, the bag is nice..but im going to be using my bookbag to carry my mbp along with a textbook, notebook and folder. i wasnt planning on buying a laptop just yet but ive come to learn that i have to take at least 10 pages of powerpoint notes in a class and i simply cant write as fast as the prof goes through the lecture and end up missing pages of notes. thats why im buying a mbp.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...inch_Notebooks

i was looking at that ^^ but they dont carry it in the store so i guess ill just have to order it online.

as for your info about your mbp being matte and not saying anything on the box can someone with a glossy tell me if your box indicated if it was glossy?
QUOTE Thanks
egandolfi

egandolfi will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD

I have my box handy and there is no place on it that specifies Glossy or Matte. 0y guess is the part number on the box is different but I could not tell you in what way.

I too was looking for a sleeve which will hold a power supply. This is what I ended up getting: http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-edge-ii-black.html

The MBP fits in MINT!! and its well protected. This is basically a sleeve with a little extra padding. However I added this little accessory from the same company: http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-ed...er-pocket.html

This attaches to the side of the case and is a custome fit for the MagSafe power supply. I absolutely LOVE it!
QUOTE Thanks
indapino22

that case/sleeve you got looks nice and thin, do you think you could measure the thickness of it?

i like the little magsafe holder you got if i feel that the case/sleeve is too thick i might get the magsafe holder and but a diffrent type of sleeve
QUOTE Thanks
egandolfi

Its about 2 1/2 inches thick. Thats with AND without the MBP. It doesn't change thickness whether the MBP is in it or not.
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

itll say glossy or matte in bold letters on the outside of the box on the label.

if i recall, it was the only thing in bold

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
indapino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeier82 View Post
itll say glossy or matte in bold letters on the outside of the box on the label.

if i recall, it was the only thing in bold
your my hero...along with everyone else who helped in this thread
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I got the matte screen in December, looking at the box now, there is nothing on my box to indicate which screen is enclosed.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
indapino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
I got the matte screen in December, looking at the box now, there is nothing on my box to indicate which screen is enclosed.
im confused now..idk what to look for
QUOTE Thanks
letswastetime

letswastetime is on a distinguished road

do you think the brentahaven edge II holding a macbook pro would fit in a north face borealis backpack with a notebook and a textbook?
QUOTE Thanks
egandolfi

I just checked it out on The North Face's website. I think it will fit depending on what else you have in the pack. it will be a tight fit width-wise.
QUOTE Thanks
glenn.sorrentin

glenn.sorrentin is on a distinguished road

check pelican.com... they supply the military or any defense contractors... they have watertight, dust tight, crush proof, pressurized, foam fitted cases. you can literally submerge the case in the ocean and no water will get in. i use them for my Canon 30D with lenses and guns.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cleaning internals? | charge on battery »