New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Password help?????

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jaster

jaster will become famous soon enough

I am messing with my brand new macbook. I have not entered a password or anything when setting this macbook up, yet it keeps asking me for my administrator password. Do macbooks come preinstalled with a password or something? What do i do?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

If you never set a password just click OK. Go to System Preferences -> Accounts and set your admin password there

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

you should have created an admin account when you first started up...i dont know it has been a while

go to system preferences > accounts and then create an admin account on your computer if you dont have one

or

check select your user and find the check box for 'allow this user to admin this compy'
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
jaster

jaster will become famous soon enough

WHEW, Thank you soo much. Strange it would ask for a password when I never had one set originally. I just set a new password and was good to go. Guess you cant do admin work without a password set. Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What is x11 | wireless advice »