New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Blue tooth mouse?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ebacherville

ebacherville is on a distinguished road

I noticed that there is bluetooth mouse support in my Macbook..

I really need a PC style mouse for using XP in parrallels..

So will any Bluetooth mouse work with the MACBOOK?

Are all bluetooth mice created on a standard protical?

Thanks,
JAson
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Yes, any USB/BT mouse should work with your MACBOOK :black:

(sorry, I just found it silly that it was capitalized on one line and not the other :black: )

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Well, I got a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, and Apple bluetooth wireless keyboard for use with my Macbook, and they work great! I actually take the Mouse with me to use when I'm in the office. Seems to work very well with XP in Parallells.

Some people have complained that it's too expensive, and the right click doesn't work well if you have two fingers on the mouse, but I feel that's kind of the way it's supposed to work so I accomodate it just fine.

Otherwise, yeah any bluetooth mouse will work with the built-in bluetooth.
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

I got a little Kensington Pilot Mouse Mini (Bluetooth) -- worked great.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

This is what I use. I like it's smaller size for portabliity. It works great with any Bluetooth Mac. Never had an issue with it on both my imac G5, iBook G4 and Core Duo Mac Mini.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10916
QUOTE Thanks
mike n

mike n is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz (white), iPod Photo 40GB, iPod Nano 4GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
This is what I use. I like it's smaller size for portabliity. It works great with any Bluetooth Mac. Never had an issue with it on both my imac G5, iBook G4 and Core Duo Mac Mini.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10916
I second the V270 (linked above). It is a great little bluetooth mouse, and since there is already BT built-in to the macbook, it saves you a USB port.

it has a good weight/feel. I have been using mine pretty consistently since I got it at christmas (i basically never turn it off) and i still havent had to change the batteries.

highly recommended, and a lot cheaper than the BT mighty mouse (which i am not that big of a fan of, anyway).

search for the v270 on newegg.com, they seem to have the best prices.

Also, it works perfectly with XP in boot camp or parallels.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Audio Line In Port | Boot Camp +Windows , Keyboard, CD Dont respond »